Diesel Technician Mechanic
Who are we:
Technical Professionals Group (TPG) DNA is rooted in automotive design, engineering and testing. We're driven by our dedication to providing the best service there is and by the pride that comes with having earned the trust of the premier names in the industry. We trace our heritage back over 70 years, from the automotive engineering centers in Detroit to the hot weather proving grounds in the Southwest and on to the high tech sophistication of the latest advanced driver-assistance systems being developed by automotive and technology companies worldwide.
What we do:
TPG provides validation, durability, mileage accumulation and quality testing services for vehicle and mechanized equipment projects and programs in the engineering, R&D, quality control and quality assurance sectors of the automotive industry.
What we are looking for:
Motivated, dependable Diesel Technician/Mechanic who will support heavy vehicle testing, performance and maintenance in Las Vegas, NV. Successful candidates will perform maintenance and repairs on pre-production test vehicles, conduct safety inspections, perform specialized test procedures and document findings on reports in a clear and concise manner.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform instructed tests and repairs with a great attention to detail
- Document tests, repairs, and configurations in descriptive and understandable notes
- Fabricate and install instrumentation as required to perform tests
- Must be flexible and willing to travel and/or drive tractor-trailer when needed
- Other duties as assigned; cleaning shop, oil changes, engine overhauls, driving, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of commercial motor vehicles
- Knowledge of diagnostic programs and willing to learn new diagnostic programs
- Be prepared to accept temporary assignments away from the home test facility. Travel includes Arizona, Alaska, Florida, Chicago, Indiana and other states.
- Be prepared to work weekends or overtime if test validation is necessary
- Be highly organized, dedicated to assignments and committed to safety
- Must be able to understand and operate current electronic office equipment (PC hardware and Microsoft Suite software (Office/Word/Excel) and interface with data collection devices
- Able to work cooperatively in diverse and challenging environment
- Have good command of the English language with good written and verbal communication skills
- Machine shop tool and fabrication skills (plus)
Education and Experience:
- Commercial Driver's License, Class A (Plus) - must be willing to obtain
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Associates Degree with an emphasis in Automotive or related field (Plus)
- A clean motor vehicle driving record is necessary
- Minimum of two (2) years heavy duty mechanic experience.
Physical, Safety and Environmental Job Requirements:
- This is a SAFETY SENSITIVE position requiring all persons assigned to activity be drug free
- Standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling, carrying and moving items of up to 50 lbs. and more
- Ability to perform essential job functions in an environment with varied noise levels
- The environment may be dusty, noisy, and open to interior temperature changes
What we offer you:
- Full-time & Home Daily
- Benefits Package: Medical, Dental Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Vacation & Holidays
- Weekly Pay/Direct Deposit
- Safety Sensitive position requiring all persons assigned to activity be drug free and pass drug screen.
#DieselMechanic #DieselTechnician #CDLA #CDL #Diesel #DieselTrucks #DieselTruck #DieselTech #Mechanic #DieselPerformance #FleetMaintenance #Powertrain #DieselRepair #DieselEngine
Technical Professionals GroupLas Vegas, NV
AutomotiveView All Technical Professionals Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.