Technical Design Services, Inc. (TDSi), located in Naperville, IL, is seeking a detail-oriented and versatile Electronic Security Systems Design Consultant with a passion for learning more about our industry and to work with our senior design staff. The designer will work with project teams on a multitude of diverse projects utilizing general construction and drafting knowledge to assist in preparing Security System drawings and specifications.
TDSi employs people with above average talent and outstanding character with a willingness to excel as members of the TDSi team. In return, TDSi offers an opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects in the industry, together with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD® including current knowledge of typical drafting and design standards. Proficiency in AutoCAD REVIT® is a plus.
- General knowledge and familiarity with building construction process and experience in general design workflows having the ability to read and understand construction documents, plans, and specifications is a plus.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Display proficiency with PC office tools, such as: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- High degree of professionalism, diplomacy, integrity, and flexibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent and three to five years of relevant work experience or degree in a related security system field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a security/technology design roll or similar relevant experience with knowledge of access control systems, video surveillance systems and other typical building security system components
- Industry certifications a plus
- Direct and/or work with the drafting department on the intake of CAD plans from Architects and other clients.
- Develop final Security System construction drawings derived from rough layouts, verbal instructions, field notes, and sketches produced by senior design staff that adhere to company design standards. Activities would include but not be limited to:
- Assist in proposal development
- Review and understand project requirements with senior design staff
- Create electronic safety and security device plan layouts including access control, intrusion detection and video surveillance
- Create IDF/MDF and computer room layouts
- Create rack/wall equipment elevations and panel details
- Create riser diagrams
- Create access control, intrusion detection and video surveillance installation detail sheets
- Create access control door schedules
- Create video surveillance calculations and schedules.
- Assist senior design staff in the creation of bid and review sets.
- Assist in distribute sets via shipping or electronic posting means.
- Review RFP responses and assist in bid analysis and scope reviews
- Perform site reviews detailing contractor progress
Please visit us on the web at www.GoTDSi.com to read more about our philosophy, services, people, and projects. Please submit your resume and a cover letter via email to: j.patterson@GoTDSi.com to be considered for an open position.