Do you have at least one year of legal assistant experience? Are you a recent paralegal graduate or are scheduled to graduate in the near future? If you answered yes, please read on.
We are a Historic Third Ward boutique personal injury law firm looking to add a Legal Assistant to our team. We are a firm of seasoned lawyers and paralegals who have more than 75 years of combined professional experience and we specialize in catastrophic personal injury litigation. Our clients often come to us after one of the worst experiences of their lives and our primary objective is to guide them through a difficult process with as much compassion as possible.
You will serve as the first impression for our clients and be an intricate part of the specialized legal services we provide to our clients. You will be expected to:
- Greet clients;
- Answer incoming calls from current clients, prospective clients, attorneys and court personnel;
- Perform intake, review and analysis of incoming documents and court filings;
- Draft discovery requests and responses, correspondence and pleadings;
- Request medical records and bills;
- Perform initial review and analysis of medical records and bills when received;
- Schedule depositions, mediations and the like;
- Maintain attorney calendars and our case management system; and
- Assist attorneys and paralegals as needed.
Only organized, detailed oriented, efficient, personable and compassionate candidates need apply. If you are the right person for this opportunity, you will also:
- Have at least one year of relevant experience as described above, a paralegal degree or a combination of both;
- Be a team player able to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities; and
- Exhibit excellent verbal, writing and analytical skills.
Our office is located in a beautiful and secure building within a short walking distance to many shops and restaurants. We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, paid parking and a congenial work environment. To be considered for this opportunity, you must submit a cover letter, salary requirements and your resume.