As part of our Engineering team, you will be responsible for building and supporting our product, built with Ruby on Rails, to build Restful APIs. You must be comfortable working in a cross-functional environment, collaborating with product owners, designers, and engineers towards a shared vision. Our team has a wealth of real estate investment experience, and you’d be responsible for building new products and features which impact the way customers interact with Unison. As a growth stage company, we value True Grit and Team Players. This is an opportunity to impact a highly collaborative organization focused on building paired programming methodologies in a CI/CD environment.
Some of what you will work with: Ruby, Rails, Postgres, Elasticsearch, AWS.
Deliverables on which you’ll be measured:
- Ability to work in a Test-Driven Development process.
- Ability to learn fast from working closely with others.
- Collaborate within the Engineering team, as well as cross-functionally in an Agile/Scrum environment, expand stories into tasks, and execute with quality and velocity.
- Create new features within our Rails API, and build out new APIs.
- Build and implement scalable, cloud-based, secure, high quality, and reliable software.
- Explore and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Results-oriented, pragmatic, and good at negotiating tradeoffs between technical excellence and product excellence
- Experience building Restful resources in a Ruby on Rails framework
- Recent experience working in an AWS environment
- Experience with one of more of the following: Postgres/MySQL/DynamoDB/Incognito
- Working knowledge of Rails Admin and Model
- Passionate about honing your craft and writing high-quality software
- Self-starter and collaborative; comfortable working independently as well as a pairing or swarming with your team
- You bring expertise, skills, or perspective we could use; you’ll help us make better decisions and build better products