Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Provide technical expertise for manufacturability, product cost, workflow, quality & safety. Apply fundamental Lean principles and tools including waste elimination, daily management, problem solving, 6S visual management, standard work, and value stream mapping. Evaluate and resolve causes of manufacturing yield and quality problems.
- Leads and motivates Manufacturing Engineering team whose primary responsibility is to define, implement, and improve manufacturing processes. Consult, coach, develop and train team members to excel in continuous improvement tools.
- Arrange manufacturing engineering support to other departments as required.
- Work with Marketing, Packaging Engineers, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Supply Chain, and Product Development to develop and launch new products.
- Provide tactical support and project management for resource leveling of the Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Support and assist Engineering/R&D new product development/implementation projects.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are correct, efficient and applicable.
- Maintain team project status and visibility; ensure open communication, flow defect tracking, and project scope.
- Serve as liaison between personnel on projects and the engineering department.
- Work with all departments and employees to coordinate improvement activities and encourage process ownership.
- Manage, lead and execute Lean, continuous improvement, work cell and equipment design that optimizes floor space plus other special projects.
- Lead cross functional teams to drive processing projects from conception to completion.
- Identify and prepare business cases for capital investments
- Prepare key performance indicators (KPI's) and continuous improvement projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferably Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical.
- Minimum of 2-4 years' experience as a Manufacturing Engineer in regulated industry.
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience in a functional supervisory role utilizing project management.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a cGMP facility, including experience with Continuous Improvement and Project Management. Strong problem solving and applied statistics skills are required. Experience with FDA/FSMA processes and procedures including implementation and audits.
- Technical expertise & application experience in manufacturing-based applications. Experienced in root cause analysis techniques and failure mode and effect analysis.
- Certification in Lean manufacturing
- Six Sigma certification ' green/black belt
- Expert in CAD / SPC / Gantt Charts
- ERP experience is a plus, preferably design, testing, and implementation related to manufacturing processes
- Self-motivated worker with the ability to identify priorities and work independently.
Overview TechLink Systems is a national provider of staffing services with offices all over the USA as well as development and support centers globally. We are a MBE (NMSDC), WBE (WBENC), and WOSB certified minority business that has been awarded 2017 TAPFIN Premier Partner, 2016 Manpower Excellence Award, 2016 TAPFIN Elite Partner, are a Known Tier Supplier for Agile 1, and have been ranked as a Top Women and Minority Owned Company since 2004 by several businesses including Philadelphia Business Journal, Diversity Business, Inc 5000, Inc 500, San Francisco Business Times, Diversity2000, and Los Angeles Business Journal. We serve the contract staffing, direct hire, staff augmentation, recruitment, HR management, and project outsourcing needs of clients nationwide. Striving to create personal relationships with clients, TechLink Systems becomes a virtual extension of clients’ own in-house capabilities to help achieve new levels of growth, productivity, and competitiveness. We also have national recruiting centers that service our enterprise and MSP/VMS clients. We are a Secret Cleared Facility and our core competencies are Information Technology, Engineering, Customer Service/Call Center, Admin/Clerical, Finance/Accounting, Scientific/Clinical, Sales/Marketing, Legal, Human Resources, Light Industrial (limited), and Professional across a range of industries. The company’s talented Recruiters and HR Specialists have backgrounds in many cutting-edge, high-performance industries making TechLink Systems an ideal partner for recruitment process outsourcing. We look forward to our partnership with you!
ManufacturingView all jobs at Techlink Systems