Every day as an Android Developer is different. On any one day, you might:
• Design, develop and test OTT applications (Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV etc.)
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, scope, and ship new features.
• Collaborate with backend services teams to design and integrate API’s
• Aid UX in promoting best practices in design and user experience appropriate to the platforms (Ex: Material Design Best Practices and HIG for tvOS etc..).
• Follow best engineer practices by ensuring unit-test coverage and working with QA on test automations.
• Ensuring application performance and best in class app rating is maintained for all OTT applications.
• Minimum 5+ years of professional software development experience.
• Proficient in Java/Kotlin, Swift languages.
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
• 3+ years of experience building applications on the Android, Apple platforms.
• Solid background in Android UI, Android SDK, Android design and architecture components.
• Thorough knowledge of the iOS/tvOS platform and deep familiarity with XCode.
• Solid background writing automated unit tests
• Comfortable working with Git, Jenkins and Jira.
• Familiarity with build tools such as Maven, Gradle, Cocoa pods etc.
• Familiarity with Jenkins and continuous integration pipelines
• Experience working with video-on-demand and/or linear video playback.
• Working knowledge of Kotlin, RxJava2, React Native and/or Fire OS development.
• Experience using GraphQL is a plus.
• Published 1 or more applications available on Google Play/ Apple App Store.