Techdigital Corporation Plainfield, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description Summary
The System Administrator is responsible for the operation of the computer systems for the facility. This includes providing system and software management, security maintenance, and support to ensure optimum system integrity and performance. The System Administrator serves as the facility IT resource. The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Records and reports on all equipment and repairs.
• Maintains records of system equipment used at the facility.
• Works with partner vendors on IT implementations/support projects.
• Monitors the system daily and responds immediately to security or usability concerns.
• Install and test computer-related equipment.
• Support WMS systems – inclusive of troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Maintains an acceptable work area as outlined in SOP and work instructions.
• Responsible for following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as outlined in SOP.
• Must follow all safety instructions to maintain safe working conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
• May be required to train new hires on various warehouse functions.
• Must adhere to attendance policies.
• Required to maintain current status in C2C training modules.
• Liaison between the business unit and technical teams.
• Provides operations with tools for data gathering and reporting. Provides user support and training. Ensures that the Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is in good working order for the warehouse associates to use.
• Makes suggestions for enhancements to WMS to improve performance and enhance system availability.
• Responsible for making recommendations regarding continuous improvement of department work processes and operating procedures.
• Troubleshoots, repairs, and provides system maintenance.
• Contacts vendors for system support and repair of system hardware and equipment.
• Interacts with corporate IT services/IT Service Vendors to ensure network connectivity between systems.
• RF repair/ configuration
• Backup battery swap on UPS in network cabinets
• Facility network upgrades ie switch replacements
• VBA, batch files, scripting in automation where applicable
• Provide input on technical projects to support the DC
Sanitation and Housekeeping
• Maintain a clean and professional image.
• To ensure the cleanliness of the facility, follow guidelines as outlined.
• The associate must maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area at all times.
• This associate may be provided with Hazmat training to include general awareness, function-specific, security awareness, security plan, and safety training.
• Become knowledgeable about the responsibilities of the other positions. Assist as required. Act as the backup at times of absence or vacation.
• AA/AS or BA/BS degree with an emphasis in computer sciences or equivalent experience preferred.
• 3 years’ of work experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment with 1-2 years experience in an IT field with a BA/BS
• 4 – 5 years of work experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment with 1-2 years experience in an IT field with an AA/AS
• If degree is not present, the associate should have 6 – 7 years of relative work experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment with 1-2 years experience in an IT field, and a high school diploma or GED is required.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Query and report writing experience.
• Proficient in the use of a PC with an intermediate level of keyboarding skills. Is proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Ability to handle multiple tasks or projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills, required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focus, telephone courtesy, interactions with guests and visitors, and overall professionalism.
• Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels.
• This position typically works in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work area is quiet to moderate. At times, position may be required to support operational activities in the DC.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation.
• Accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.