· Monitor Service Manager queue for incoming work:
§ Tickets requiring the assistance of Data Center Facilities.
§ Closing tickets opened by the team that were handled by other teams.
· Work the tickets noted above according to established data center standards and best practices.
· Capture asset changes as they occur
· Run new cabling for connect end devices to LAN or SAN switches:
o UTP for 1 Gb LAN connections
o Fiber optic cable for SAN and higher bandwidth LAN connection
o Document the connections
· Recapture cabling from decommissioned devices, for example:
o UTP for LAN connections
o Twinaxial for 10 Gb LAN
o Fiber for both SAN and LAN
o SFPs used for Fiber interfaces
· Look for opportunities to eliminate cost in data center operations.
· Works with the guidance of more senior members of the Data Center Facilities team and direction of Data Center Management
· Respond to data center emergency situations as requested by data center management
· Record all incoming and outgoing freight
• Support various device refresh projects belonging to other teams.
• Ability to travel to remote HQ data centers to assist with project work