We are looking for a technology professional with a passion for training - full-time opportunity in Wilmington, DE.
ITWorks is a technology training program for young adults, 18-26 years old, who have a GED or high school diploma but have not completed college. The program consists of 11 weeks of intensive classroom training followed by a technology certification and a 5-week internship inside the IT department at a partner organization.
Students work toward their Cisco IT Essentials classroom certification and CompTIA A+ professional certification. Students also receive intensive career guidance, mentoring, and valuable life skills that will help them succeed in their new careers.
ITWorks provides these students with an experience that will help improve their income potential for life. All these services are provided free of charge to the student and are supported by the generosity of corporations, foundations, and individual donors.
Our students are driven and high-performing, but each has had a unique challenge that prevented them from completing college. For many of these individuals, this program represents their last and best shot for a promising career in technology.
We are looking for a technology experienced individual who can both transfer their knowledge to a group of eager students and help match those students with opportunities in the technology field. The candidate must be able to respectfully control a classroom of young adults and deliver operational excellence in reporting and record-keeping.
We currently run the program in three cities and will provide support, resources and curriculum.
· Have a strong sense of accountability for student achievement.
· Have the ability to successfully complete the CompTIA A+ certification if not already attained.
· Have 3-5 years of experience in a technical field.
· Create a positive classroom environment and foster learning.
· Work tirelessly to keep our students motivated and help them create belief in themselves.
· Have the ability to adjust instructional strategies in order to reach the program’s goals. Develop lesson plans that align with curriculum and course objectives.
· Prep program laptops by establishing and maintaining an image with appropriate software
· Set-up and maintain a small classroom network with internet connectivity
Student Recruitment, Volunteer, and Internship Support
· Lead the applicant recruitment and interview process.
· Help coordinate and guide volunteers to deliver “Friday Session” professional and life-skills training.
- Be able to guide real-world technical scenarios that are outside of “core” course of study.
- Ensure students’ technical and professional skills meet the needs of internship partners.
- Help maintain healthy and productive internship partnerships.
- Organized tracking of student documents, student data, phone calls, and logging information into databases, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter with the subject line "ITWorks Instructor Wilmington". Positions without a cover letter will not be considered.
To learn more about ITWorks please visit www.itworks.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender identity, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Location: Wilmington, DE
- Compensation: Competitive Salary, Bonus Opportunity and Generous Benefits Package
- This is a non-profit organization
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Tech Impact offers a competitive salary and benefits. Tech Impact is an equal opportunity employer.