Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world. We provide affordable technology services, support, and training to hundreds of nonprofits across the nation. We also provide proven, award-winning training to prepare young adults for careers in technology. www.techimpact.org, www.itworks.org
The Career Development Associate’s primary responsibilities include coordinating efforts to assist our students in securing and retaining employment throughout the launch of their career. We view their long term success as the best proof of the impact of our program and our commitment to the student does not end at the completion of training. The Career Development Associate will proactively engage our graduates, ensuring that they are working and retaining employment, and growing their careers.
This position is primarily in our Wilmington, DE office with some visits to the Philadelphia office, and some local or regional travel in Delaware as needed to support our programs and events.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
A successful Career Development Associate will build long term relationships with employers and recruiters and will assist graduates in obtaining and retaining employment, and identify new opportunities for employment.
· Support the cultivation of relationships with regional technology executives and IT recruiters, to identify potential internship and job opportunities for ITWorks students and graduates
· Maintain regular contact with employment recruiters, search job boards, and align students within appropriate roles at area corporations and nonprofits
· Respond to recruiter requests and assist in distributing information about new job opportunities
· Ensure accurate and timely program data entry and reporting (Salesforce CRM)
· Maintain contact with graduates and help coordinate meet-ups and alumni events
· Identify partnerships and opportunities for students to pursue further education and certification
· Help students identify their employment goals
· Assist in coordinating internship opportunities for students currently in training
- Plan, schedule, and provide feedback to students in their professional development, mock interviews,internship performance and job search
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
· 1-3 years of constituent relationship development experience (with clients, volunteers, employers etc.) is preferred.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and experience with CRM (constituent relationship management) databases, such as Salesforce.com, is required.
· A minimum of 1 year experience working at a nonprofit is preferred.
· A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Other Preferred Qualities
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work collaboratively with the ITWorks and fundraising teams, possess a strong belief and alignment with the organization and program mission, be motivated and a self-starter, think independently and creatively, plan and meet deadlines while multi-tasking, and exercise sound judgment and diplomacy. This individual will be organized and detail-focused, energetic, and results-oriented. Our team works tirelessly to keep our students motivated and help them create belief in themselves, and have a strong sense of accountability for student achievement.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Tech Impact offers a competitive salary and benefits. Tech Impact is an equal opportunity employer.