Tech Impact is hiring an IT security enthusiast to join the organization’s nonprofit consulting team. This person will work with our nonprofit clients to help them understand and reduce their digital security risks, and assist organizations in auditing their current environments, selecting appropriate off-the-shelf tools, and implementing those tools.
About This Role
The IT Security Engineer will be a senior member of Tech Impact’s Cyber Security Team. This person has the potential to grow into a management role and shape the organization’s future services for the nonprofit community. The role will initially focus on helping a key national nonprofit with resourced and motivated attackers create security frameworks for cloud platforms.
IT Security Engineers work with the rest of the Cyber Security Team to help Tech Impact assess, monitor, and strengthen its clients’ core IT systems to keep them safe from compromise and ensure that they remain compliant with evolving best practices in systems administration and security. Engineers are senior-level members of the team who are responsible for high-level strategic consulting and relationship building, executing large projects that are both technically and politically complex with minimal oversight, and supporting the rest of the team in technical troubleshooting, responding to urgent security incidents, and providing high-level technical assessment and strategy.
The core responsibilities of the IT Security Engineer are as follows:
- Execute and help other members of the team to execute projects that fall within the Cyber Security team’s set of standardized service offerings, which currently include the following:
- Full security audits including penetration testing, systems inventory, and assessment of organizational security policies and procedures
- Infrastructure Strategy planning, involving assessment of existing network and systems architectures and developing blueprints for migrating to more streamlined setups
- Implementation of security tooling to protect against threats including DLP, MDM, and SEIM systems.
- Large-scale migrations of collaboration tools and databases to cloud SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS platforms
- Conduct on-site infrastructure assessments for clients undertaking Full strategic Technology Plans (which typically requires 2-3 days of travel every other month)
- Security Event Response, including forensic investigation, rapid vulnerability mitigation, and ad-hoc strategic planning to plug the bigger holes that led to the breach
Above all, Infrastructure & Security Consultants have a passion for social service, excellent written and verbal skills, and an eagerness to take on new challenges and master new skills. Skills required in this position include:
- Experience with the nonprofit sector or other mechanisms for social change (including but not limited to volunteering, advocacy, and political campaign work)
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, including advanced troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of fundamental networking components, including DNS, DHCP, routing, IP addressing and subnetting, NAT, firewalls, etc.
- Experience working in Azure / AWS / Google Apps / Heroku / Citrix / other IaaS platforms
- Experience setting up and maintaining servers and networks from scratch
- Fluency in at least one scripting and/or programming language (Bash, PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Experience performing penetration testing / fuzzing / port scanning
- Excellent communication, writing, analytical and creative problem-solving skills
Advanced knowledge in any of the following topics will be helpful but not required:
- Web / Email / database / file server administration
- Management of cloud-based productivity and security tools
- Advanced security toolkits such as Metasploit, Nessus, Nmap, Nikto, the Kali environment etc.
- Web development, particularly within CMS toolkits such as Wordpress and Drupal
Benefits and Logistics
This is a full-time salaried position. Benefits include:
- Excellent comprehensive healthcare for you and dependents with $0 deductibles and co-pays
- Retirement contribution plan
- A culture prioritizing quality of life, flexibility, and growth
- A place you can be your whole self
Compensation will fall between $70,000 - $80,000 depending on experience. Tech Impact is a nonprofit organization that aims to pay comfortable living wages while providing robust benefits and fostering an equitable work environment for people who want to make the world a better, fairer place.
Why Work Here?Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world. www.techimpact.org www.itworks.org www.cxworks.org www.punchcode.org www.techhiredelaware.org
We're passionate about helping nonprofits make positive change in the community through technology.