- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TechConnect is seeking a Network Engineer to join an industry leading client in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our client is looking for a candidate that is an experienced Network Engineer with a proven track record for providing best of class network and computer support services for users and customers.
This position is a crucial role for our client and your primary responsibility will be intermediate level troubleshooting and resolution for customer hardware, software, networking and WAN systems. You will collaborate with team members to define, analyze, design, and deliver appropriate technical solutions to meet customer business objectives. You will maintain, troubleshoot, and configure Servers, VM Hosts, Operating Systems, routers, switches, firewalls, Wireless Access Points, Controllers, VoIP systems and other network related products as required. You will perform installation, configuration, testing and documentation of systems according to design and specification while utilizing industry best practices. You will provide Tier II support and work with customers remotely or onsite depending on their needs.
To be successful in this role you need to have a diverse technology background, excellent communication skills, be highly customer service oriented and have a thorough understanding of business. This role will require specialized knowledge, abilities, skills, experience and you will often exercise independent judgement while performing your duties. You will work closely with internal team members to provide technical solutions and coordinate client success.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting with 3rd party vendors and/or manufacturers based on customer requirements.
- Provide pre/post-sales support as well as implementation and design services.
- Provide software and firmware upgrades, remediation of customer issues and alerts, escalation to other teams as necessary.
- Provide input towards the ongoing development of customer’s network infrastructure for delivery of data, voice, and other technology services.
- Individual ticket management and communication with customer when scheduling activities.
- Ensure individual SLAs are met.
- Mentor junior Network Engineering staff.
- Attend technology events as required.
- Participate in team meetings and training.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned by Manager.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job Knowledge and Minimum Qualifications
- 2-5 years of experience as a Network Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- The following certifications, or other job experience may be substituted in lieu of degree/experience: Cisco CCNA/CCNP, VMWare VCP/VCAP/VCDX, Microsoft MCSE/MCSA/MCSD, Extreme EDS/ECS, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+.
- Knowledge of the various technologies used by the customer and how they impact the customer’s financial bottom line.
- Advanced experience and knowledge in Windows Server, Virtualization, Routing and Switching and VLAN.
- Familiarity in Office 365 migrations, VoIP, and Enterprise wireless.
- Familiarity with common business metrics that drive business success.
- Ability to travel regularly to customer locations 50% of the time, or more. This is a must in this position.
Skills & Abilities
- Self-motivated and results driven with strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively present information using a consultative approach.
- Ability to remain calm, empathetic, and professional always; especially during stressful interactions with customers who may be upset.
- The ability to follow policies for safety, security, and compliance.
- Good decision making, analytical problem solving and statistical analysis skills.
- Strong documentation skills with a high attention to detail.
- Energetic, Positive, “Can Do Attitude”.
- High integrity and moral standards.
- Team player with a focus on teamwork and collaboration.
- Daily/weekly travel throughout Tulsa and the surrounding communities as well as some travel to Muskogee and the Oklahoma City area as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Sitting/Standing – Up to 60%: Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Lifting/Carrying – Up to 10%: Occasionally loads and sets up hardware, moves up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Handling/Grasping/Feeling – Up to 100%: Must be able to operate phone and computer and other work product and to interact with others.
- Seeing – Up to 100%: Must have visual acuity to perform tasks on computer, service staff, resolve issues and present information to current and prospective customers.
- Talking/Hearing – Up to 100%: Frequently communicates with customers, vendors and internal team members to present information, troubleshoot issues and respond to questions.
- Normal working conditions in an office environment absent extreme factors. Evening and weekend work may be required to meet work demands. Travel is required to meet with vendors, customers as well as equipment setup when required. May experience inclement weather while travelling.
- Direct Hire.
Making connections that drive innovation while simplifying the hiring process for all involved.
At TechConnect we are not trying to be all things to all companies and that’s what makes us different. We specialize in the ever-changing Information Technology industry. Our goal is two-fold, to connect the most qualified IT professionals with companies that need their high demand skill sets and provide new and exciting career opportunities for talented IT professionals. Our Mission: Making connections that drive innovation while simplifying the hiring process for all involved.