This position works in a state of the art Security Operations Center. The operator will monitor video, electronic access control and other security and facility alarm systems protecting lives and property. All candidates must be able work shift work including weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Uses modern technology to monitor a variety of alarm signals and respond to those alarms following pre-defined standard operating procedures to dispatch the proper authorities and notifying the appropriate people
- Monitors video surveillance cameras to determine if any threats exist and to assist responding staff by providing real time information.
- Thoroughly documents any incidents and provides detailed reports of actions taken
- Needs the ability to remain calm and speak clearly to customers.
- Able to multi-task
- Provide timely, efficient and professional service to all clients to ensure client satisfaction.
- Must possess excellent customer service and telephone skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 6 months experience in a security operation center or 911 dispatch center
- Some law enforcement or security background is a plus
- Strong knowledge of computer applications
- A strong aptitude for problem-solving
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- The ability to operate under stress, multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and work in a team atmosphere
- High School Diploma (Associates degree preferred)
Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports. Should possess excellent customer service skills along with refined grammar skills. The position may require a lot of interaction client’s security staff and external first responders (police, fire, etc.) and must be handled in a professional manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule and sometimes extended schedule during crisis periods and remain on site until properly relieved
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. There is low to moderate noise in this work environment.