IBM Storage/SAN Administrator
- Contract: 12 months + extension likely
- Hourly pay rate: $65.00-75.00 per hour
- On-site position ONLY - no remote work for this position
This position is responsible for the administrative management and support of all SAN and Storage systems hosted in the corporate data centers as well as storage functionality in the cloud. The storage administrator is responsible for maintaining and monitoring the locally hosted SAN infrastructure
Required skills: Storage, IBM Storwize/SVC and Flash System, SAN, IBM/Brocade.
- Installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting for IBM storage systems:
- IBM Storwize series (v7000, v5000, v3700)
- IBM Flash system (840)
- Installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting for IBM SAN switches:
- IBM/Brocade SAN switches (384B, 40B)
- Perform firmware and other upgrades as necessary.
- Monitoring system availability through the use of internal systems and tools
- Applying best practice in performance tuning of systems.
- Propose process and system improvements to enhance the performance and availability of systems.
- Maintain system configuration and procedural documentation.
- Troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; document system events to ensure continuous function.
- Recommend course of action and implement as approved.
- Upgrade system firmware as required to meet business and system needs.
- Interact with system support teams to provide necessary assistance
- Utilize standard corporate tools for tracking and management of changes, problems and service requests.
- Participate in on-call rotation for after hours support.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years IBM Storwize/SVC experience.
- 2-4 years IBM/Brocade SAN switch experience.
- Experience with shell scripting and task automation is a plus.