REQUIRED: Previous technical support experience is a MUST HAVE!
*Pls. Note: This is a part-time position for 2 days per week/ 8 hours per day (16 total hrs)
Technical Support Technician for IT issues in a retirement community
- 2 day per week (9:00am -5:00pm = 16 hours)
- On-site - Huntsville, AL location - local candidates preferred!
- Contract - long term- open ended
Essential Job Functions:
- Handles initial service desk phone, email and web inquiries, helps residents to integrate technology including Desktop, tablets, laptops and mobile phones. This could include both Microsoft, Android, and Apple products and telephony and cable TV or streaming devices.
- Technical knowledge is required for diagnosis of support issues and end user resolutions.
- Windows XP/7/8/10, Mac OS X, Android, iOS
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013, O365
- Printer management and troubleshooting
- CompTIA A+ Certified preferred
- Assesses resident support needs, then provides solutions or refers them to appropriate team members.
- Ability to present new technology, train, and demonstrate technical benefits and features.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and ability to speak in a non-technical manner with patience.
- Strong people skills and a talent for problem solving.
Background check REQUIRED!