Level 1.5 Desktop Support Engineer at Oakland IT Consulting MSP
- Expired: May 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Youre weird, unique, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, obsessive at times, but most of all passionate! You love to learn and always be growing, and youre not afraid of a challenge - like taking on projects where you have minimal subject matter exposure. You are a geek at heart and proud of it! You also are a ninja when it comes to productivity and getting stuff done. You thrive in busy, dynamic, fast-paced environments.Apply if
Youre looking for somewhere you can bring your whole self to work; express your personality, be the best you can be; learn, grow, and surround yourself with a small team of other quirky, fun, brilliant, awesome people that all want to work hard and succeed together. You want to be working in an IT position where the work is always changing and there is an opportunity to grow.About Us
Our clients are what truly makes Tech Plus awesome! They are creators, inventors, scientists, engineers, advisors, experts, and just really great people to work for. At times they get stressed but overall they are easygoing and just genuinely nice people to be around. We provide outsourced tech support as well as cybersecurity consulting to these (typically 25-100 employees) small businesses for a fixed monthly rate.
Tech Plus is a young but stable managed services provider; we have been steadily growing at 20-25% yearly and only add on new positions when we have the revenue/contracts to support them. At the same time, we are only 8 years old; so we are a much more modern MSP using Salesforce, Slack, Trello, GSuite, Harvest, Rippling, and all cloud-based tools.The Job
We are looking for a level 1.5 desktop support engineer (helpdesk/deskside support). You would be in our East Oakland Office (near BART, free parking), as well as in the field at client locations plus some work from home days.
Job duties include:
- Help Desk: answering calls and emails from our clients and managing cases with priorities ensuring issues are resolved within our clients SLA
- Taking Ownership: Seeing an issue through to completion, while balancing multiple cases and tasks in the never-ending chaotic IT support environment (ahhhh. the cases keep coming!!!)
- Documentation: using Salesforce.com to log calls, emails, cases, track time, and communicate with staff and clients. Use the force!
- Desktop support: troubleshooting applications, hardware, printers, conference room equipment, bad wi-fi, etc on-site at east bay client locations.
- Onboarding: account creation, device provisioning, setup of VPN, SSO, printers, training our clients new hires on working with IT
- Light NOC Admin work: checking backups, virus scans, system patching, etc.
- Cloud: Office365, Google Apps, Amazon AWS- Networking: basic knowledge of firewalls, access points, managed switches, vLANs, VPN, DNS, DHCP, etc. Making the Wi-Fi in that building with 80 other SSIDs work fast all the time for clients like Randy!
- Problem Solving: Researching stuff on your own, making calls to vendors, reading, watching how-to videos, and critically thinking.
- Communication: you will be working with end-users that are everyone from EAs to C-level executives; you must be able to explain technology in words they understand.
- Time Management: an appetite for setting weekly goals, knowing how to prioritize, etc.
- Min 3 years in tech support/MSP role
- Relevant post-secondary education (bachelor's degree, minimum associates degree) and/or industry certificates (Cisco, Microsoft, A+, Network+, Security+, etc.) and/or equivalent hands-on real-world experience
- Valid California drivers license
- Working vehicle (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Ability to be on rotation shift some weekends and evenings for IT Emergencies (rare)
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs (heavy servers urg!) crouch, crawl, sit, stand, etc.
- Competitive salary
- Kaiser Gold/Platinum health benefits @80%
- Full vision ($500/yr + annual eye exam)
- FSA health spending account with $700 annual stipend + employer match to $2000
- 3 weeks PTO
- Small growing organization, reimbursement for relevant IT Certs/training, Friday Beer Oclock at local Brewery or rooftop patio, con fund, free parking, walking distance to grocery stores, restaurants, lunchroom, multiple lounges to work out of in the Artthaus building, 20 ceiling open office concept with plenty of sunlight, sit/stand desks, Herman Miller Office Chairs, outdoor patio, choice of PC or Macbook, iPhone or Android or monthly phone stipend, office snacks, sparkling water, and somewhat decent coffee.
Tech Plus Consulting
TechnologyView all jobs at Tech Plus Consulting