Inside Sales Representative
Tech-Flow Layton, UT
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $24 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision
The successful candidate will work with the sales team in preparing, issuing, and following up on RFPs, requisitions, purchase orders, and other required documentation for the procurement of goods for customer projects. This includes managing supplier relationships and negotiating purchase orders with new and existing suppliers, maintaining customer relationships by submitting sales quotes, informing the customer of order lead times, and responding to customer requests for information.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Provides customer sales support by answering telephone, fax, and e-mail inquiries.
• Prepares quotes for existing and potential customers.
• Supports Outside Sales by providing quotes, vendor information, and customer order history.
• Maintains all quote documentation with accurate pricing, terms, and lead times.
• Manages existing suppliers, identify new suppliers and innovative sources for procuring.
• Negotiates best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on customer’s budget and schedule requirements.
• Responsible for setting up new items in QuickBooks with the correct margin.
• Monitors stock levels and place orders as needed.
• Manages the Open Sales Order/ Open Purchase Order report.
• Oversees all Pump Build Kit projects by ordering the correct components and scheduling labor.
• Works with the Accounting department to set up new customers and vendors.
• Prepares progress invoices for customers paying in advance.
• Provides the Shipping department with detailed and accurate pick lists and packing slips to accompany shipments.
• Prepares invoices that reflect the contents, pricing, and destination for application to each package that is shipped.
• Tracks direct customer shipments to ensure promised delivery dates are met.
• Coordinates with customers and vendors to receive and process all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
• Occasionally prepares items for shipment; compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
• Occasionally unpacks, examines, and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Positive and professional demeanor.
• Ability and drive to maintain a high-level of quality work without direct supervision.
• High school diploma, GED or 3-year sales related experience required.
• High computer application literacy including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PDF viewers/editors, and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to use proper grammar, punctuation, and other technical writing skills.
• Ability to work with numbers in terms of pricing and discounting customer quotes.
• Previous experience developing industrial quotations and job estimates is preferred.
• Knowledge of QuickBooks & SAP a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Work in a standard office environment with others in attendance.
• Sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day.
• Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
• Occasionally be exposed to a warehouse environment.
Tech-FlowWhy Work Here?
Great atmosphere with a family-oriented approach!
Tech-Flow is the exclusive distributor for premier lines of industrial pumps, valves and process equipment, serving the minerals, industrial and municipal markets with quality products, technical expertise and unsurpassed service.
1104 N 1600 W LaytonLayton, UT
BusinessView all jobs at Tech-Flow