Electronics Technicians Install, modify, troubleshoot and repair security solutions and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users. Electronic Technicians work under Lead Electronic Technicians on three or more concurrent projects and are responsible to execute installations according to company standards, and to ensure customer is trained and satisfied with system function and performance.
Electronic Technicians are the technical face of TecPro and represent themselves as confident, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional with customers and within the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Installation Teams on security projects. Tasks include, but are not limited to; Pull & terminate cable/wire, mounting & configuring devices, operate equipment (e.g. man-lift or bucket truck), and get your hands dirty
• Coordinate personal and project tasks and timelines with team(s)
• Obtain product related certifications and maintain advanced product knowledge
• Lead and Assist installers with system installation
• Assist in resolution and service of trouble tickets & support calls
• Maintain personal deadlines in conjunction with comprehensive project calendar
• Responsible for quality and timely project and task completion
• Travel throughout Alaska and the Continental US for integration assignments as needed
• Visit installation locations and assist with installation
• Install system hardware and components, such as: Computers, monitors, network components, CCTV/Security Cameras (IP-Based Primarily), Alarm Systems (Intrusion Alarm), Access Control, and Fire Alarm Systems
• Install and configure software packages such as access control platforms, Intrusion Panel firmware updates, Camera Updates, Video Management Systems updates as required
• Assist in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements
• Conduct and lead customer training for installed systems
• Assist Sales and Estimation team with project estimation, walk-throughs, quotes, and proposals as needed
• Maintain and secure all project information accurately
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in interacting with customers in-person, phone, email, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must be energetic team player with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Personal Determination and Resolve with a willingness to embrace daily challenges head-on
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task
• Strong personal management and personal execution skills
• Security & Networking Certifications a Plus (e.g. NICET Video & Fire Alarm, A+, N+, CCNA, Manufacturer Training/Certs, etc)
• Experience working in the Construction field
• 2-3 year experience deploying and managing network equipment, network and wire standards
• Handle more than one project and task in unison effectively.
• Very detailed and organized.
• Demonstrated experience in delivering system implementation, software support, network design or installation, etc. is required
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of intrusion systems, electronic access control, CCTV, IP video and surveillance systems
• Strong technical skills and understanding of technology and system components including software, networking, and systems development.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance carrier
• Must be able to clear a pre-employment drug screen
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check
• Must be able to complete a vigorous fit-for-duty assessment with lifting up to 50 pounds and a series of assessment exercises
• Top of Market Hourly Rate-DOE
• Health Insurance