Senior IT Technician
TeamLogicIT - Concord Concord, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
There’s an immediate need for an experienced senior level IT technician that has a broad range of skill sets, loves to use initiative, thinks outside the box, wants to work with different tech stacks, and, most importantly, wants to DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT EVERY SINGLE DAY!
Here’s the bottom line: If you’re the type of technician that is humble enough to pick up various tasks because it’s the best thing to do for our customers, then we want to speak with you.
Egos aren’t welcome here. We’re a small team and this role is critical to serving our customers and freeing up the owner to bring on new clients. This means that you’ll be helping out wherever it’s needed.
Like we said, you’ll be doing something different every single day.
Here are some of the things that you can expect to do as a Senior IT Technician:
- You will be managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting our client's computers, network, servers, systems, and entire IT infrastructure.
- You will be supporting the end user with everything. This could mean password resets one day and hardware upgrades the next. As we said, you have to be willing to pick up a ticket and get it done, no matter what.
- You will be creating, managing, and implementing projects; small to large.
- Between server deployments and migrations, BCDR, and MDM you’ll be involved in the customer’s entire IT infrastructure – because that’s what we do here. We take care of the customer’s entire IT world.
- You’ll be working to support our customers remotely (from our Concord office) and on-site. This is not a work-from-home position. You will need to live within reasonable commuting distance of our office. Onsite support is critical to the work we do so if you don’t like visiting with or speaking to customers – please apply for something else.
- You’ll be documenting processes, systems, infrastructure configuration, and network mapping. This may be for our clients or it may be for us to use in the future.
- You’ll be testing complex technical solutions before rolling them out to our clients. If testing is your least favorite part of the troubleshooting process, please don’t apply here.
There’s no shortage of training here and we don’t expect you to know every tech stack our customers use. To excel in this position, you must have the following experience:
- 5+ years of windows server and desktop troubleshooting and management
- Experience researching and solving complex technical issues
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure, Windows Virtual Desktop, VM Ware, Hyper V, and Azure
- Experience in virtualization, Active Directory, and cloud hosting including the ability to plan, architect, and implement virtual hosts and virtual machines
- Installation, configuration, and administration of Windows and Linux Servers
- Local and hosted email migrations
- Network design, planning, implementation, and support including DHCP, DNS, domains, routers, switches, firewall setup, VLANs, VPN access, and redundant ISP load balancing and failover
- Experience using a variety of firewall platforms
- Providing infrastructure services, including storage networking, operating system, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system network monitoring application installation and configuration
- Working for a managed service provider supporting different technologies (We don’t have a single tech stack we manage here. That only works for corporate and we’re anything but.)
- Working directly with the end-user at all levels of the organization. (Yes, you’ll be talking directly with our clients, so if you’re afraid to talk to a real-life human being, this isn’t the job for you.)
- Ensuring data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance for our customers
You’ll need to have a nurturing personality and desire to truly help our customers. We put our customers first in everything that we do and that means meeting them where they want to be met. Just because we ask them to open a ticket with us to document the issue, we can’t be afraid to get on the phone with them if that’s what they prefer.
You must have reliable transportation for visiting clients on-site.
You are results-oriented, self-motivated, and energetic with a relentless customer service attitude and exceptional communication skills.
You want a long-term role with a growing managed service provider in the Concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek area.
The salary range is $70,000 to $85,000 depending on experience.
If you have the drive, willingness, and patience required to research, execute, and implement complex technical issues, you might be the candidate we are looking for.
Apply today. We’ll be in touch within 72 hours. We’ll send you an automated email with our contact information if you’re excited to speak with us sooner.
TeamLogicIT - Concord
TechnologyView all jobs at TeamLogicIT - Concord