The Level III Technician position is responsible for designing, installing, and expanding business-class server-based networks. The Level III Technician supports wide area networks, local area networks, and implements and monitors network security. The position is responsible for desktop suppport, performing network infrastructure testing, and troubleshooting. Includes responsibility for optimizing and maintaining network software, hardware, and security. In addition, excellent customer service and communication skills are a must as you will be interacting with customers daily.
Key business development responsibilities/outputs:
Design, install and expand business-class server-based networks for clients
Be able to meet dates and deadlines, experience supervising other techs and engineers
Execute network infrastructure troubleshooting and testing.
Implement and examine network security.
Provide customer support by working with users to identify needs and to determine sources of problems.
Test and monitor systems to identify and resolve system and equipment failures.
Monitor the functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates correctly.
Identify solutions for on-site technical problems involving systems equipment.
Desktop support and troubleshooting
The successful candidate for this position will have, at minimum, the following skills, experience, and characteristics.
Technical services and support for WAN and LAN connectivity, switches, routers, firewalls, and security
Strong technical skills, Server Skills, Active Directory
Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Solutions-oriented thinker; with an understanding of how IT is used within a business.
Ability to proactively view opportunities and recommend solutions.
Integrity, ethical and moral behavior regarding conducting sales, client and company confidentiality, and overall team interactions.
Ability to prioritize work and switch tasks as business demands.
Clean driving record.
Credentials, Education, and Experience:
Three - five years of Help Desk technical support or Network Engineer, level II-III, highly preferred.
At least two of the following certifications or equivalent experience is highly preferred:
CompTIA A+ or MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician)
CompTIA Network+ A+
CompTIA Security+ Server+ Security+
MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) or MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
Candidates should have strong technical skills and at least three-five years of experience in the following:
Network Design and Management
Architect and manage business-class networks including the ability to configure VLANs.
Configure and manage Sophos, WatchGuard, SonicWall, etc. firewalls.
Configure switches (managed and unmanaged), routers, etc.
Configure remote access using VPN or RDS.
Performing network infrastructure troubleshooting
Configure/manage Windows server operating systems
Configure/manage virtual machines using Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware.
Implement and manage Active Directory and DNS services.
Setup and manage network security and file/folder security.
Install and manage Windows operating systems in both Workgroup and Domain environments.
Set up new PCs and migrate applications/data from old PC to new PC.
Working knowledge of common Windows applications (MS Office, Adobe Apps, etc.).
Troubleshoot and repair common hardware problems to the subassembly level (power supply failure, hard drive failure, video graphics card failure, etc.).
Apple technologies & Windows network integration
Integrate mobile devices (Smartphones, tablet computers) into Windows networks.
Strong Macintosh knowledge and troubleshooting.
Other Valuable Skills
Experience with physical installation of new facilities (including the ability to pull CAT 5/6 cable, punch down Ethernet jacks, patch panels, etc.)
Experience with AutoTask or similar ticketing solutions a plus.
Experience with scripting (Powershell or similar) and automation of tasks a plus.
Experience with remote management systems (Kaseya, ConnectWise, or similar).
This position works within an office environment. Professionalism and discretion are required.
Position will be required to hear and talk on a telephone, communicate with clients and other stakeholders, use a computer and software applications, and sit for short periods of time.
Position requires that employees be able to sit, stand, bend, and be able to crawl under and around furniture, cabinets, and other equipment.
Compensation based on performance and measurements noted above and agreed upon at previous performance discussions.
Position must have reliable transportation, as it will be required to meet clients at their selected locations.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in a safe manner.
This position will provide strategic technology guidance, ensure productivity of customer systems, promote a high level of satisfaction with TeamLogic IT's service, and generally be the client's advocate/manager within TeamLogic. We are interested in talking to candidates with strong technical skills and responsibilities who enjoy creating IT solutions that leverage technology to meet client business needs.
- Builds solutions that leverage technology to meet our clients' business needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Implement and monitor Backup and Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Contingency for clients
- Design, install and expand business-class server-based networks
- Support Local Area Networks
- Optimize and maintain network software and hardware
- Perform network infrastructure troubleshooting
- Respond to client's needs, take ownership and be accountable for issue resolution and general client satisfaction
- Provide strategic technology guidance to clients
- Five to six years of hands-on experience configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing networking equipment, Windows servers and workstations, Exchange server, and Active Directory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work comfortably with people at all levels within a client’s organization
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, energetic, professional, reliable, and a team player
- Experience with RMM (Remote monitoring and management) tools a plus
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: CompTIA Net+ and/or CompTIA Security+ certification; MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator/Solutions Associate) or MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) MCITP Microsoft Certified IT Professional, MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert); CCNA or CCNP-Cisco
- Strong work ethic and "can do" attitude
- Helpful attitude and friendly demeanor
- Highly professional and dependable
- CCNA or CCNP a plus
- Experience with web hosting and domain management a plus