Senior IT Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $55,000 to $75,000 Yearly
We are a nation-wide network of locally owned businesses providing comprehensive IT services to small- and medium-sized businesses in the Chicago Metro/Northwest Indiana area. TeamLogic IT is a recognized Managed Services leader, consistently ranked in the top 100 on the annual MSP Mentor list of the Top 501 world-wide company rankings of progressive managed IT services providers. Recently awarded Channel Futures MSP 501 MSP of the Year. We offer networking, security, data and email services, as well as hardware and software support in addition to a variety of consultation and preventative maintenance services.
The Senior IT Technician requires both proven experience with technology and outstanding personal communication skills. You should enjoy building solutions that leverage technology to meet a client’s business needs. The Senior IT Technician works jointly with sales to provide pre- and post-sales support, including tasks such as discovery meetings, site visits, proposals and presentations, technical assessments, implementation and ongoing technical account management. A positive, service-oriented
personality is a must.
Senior IT Technician Responsibilities:
● Provide support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
● Provisioning and system setup for new hires.
● Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
● Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in resolving support requests.
● Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
● Installing and configuring hardware and software components throughout various network infrastructure devices.
● Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
● Server administration via Active Directory, File Print services, DNS, DHCP.
● Network firewall and switch administration and maintenance.
● Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
● Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
● Ensuring company safety and security standards are met.
● Some network and server solution design and architecture.
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
● Minimum of five years hands-on experience configuring, troubleshooting and repairing networking equipment, Windows servers and workstations, Exchange server and Active Directory
● Three years of experience in a client-facing environment such as sales engineering
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and is comfortable working with clients at a business level to understand their current and historic issues regarding their business and technology
● Possesses strong organizational and time-management skills
● Experience writing proposals for and implementation of technical solutions to fulfill business needs
● Results-oriented, self-motivated, energetic, professional, reliable and a team player
● Strong understanding of technology and business productivity systems
● Experience with RMM (remote monitoring and management) tool a plus
● Ability to problem solve at a high level, extraordinary customer service skills, strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
● Experience architecting, provisioning, deploying, and supporting Windows servers and associated VMs
● Experience provisioning and supporting cloud server environments like Azure and AWS
● Sales training/experience is a plus
Ideally you will have one or more of the following certifications:
● CompTIA Net+ and/or CompTIA Security+
● MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator/Solutions Associate) or MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) MCITP Microsoft Certified IT Professional, MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert)
● CCNA or CCIE-Cisco certifications a real plus
We offer competitive wages (based on experience), challenging work, career opportunities, a pleasant work
environment and ongoing training.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to TeamLogic IT Corporate.
TeamLogic IT, Oak Lawn, IL
AddressOak Lawn, IL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?