We are looking for an AEROSPACE/AVIATION CABINET BUILDER
The ideal candidate for this position will perform the following tasks:
* Work safely and efficiently at all times.
* Fabricate and build various cabinets, galleys, lavatories, wardrobes, tables, closets and related interior components in accordance with customer requests, engineered drawings, and completion specifications.
* Work with composite and other light-weight components and materials.
* Cut veneer panels to size on saw.
* Lay out veneer to match grain.
* Glue material down w/ spray gun or brush.
* Trim off veneer using router in a table jig / hand router.
* Assemble pre cut panels.
* Install panel pins and inserts using drill and dapco gun.
* Edge fill all open edges and sand flush (hand sand or orbital sander).
* Cut wood trims and bond onto cabinet (make use of saw/ wood glue and clamps).
* Install hinge block and hinges (router, screws).
* Reassemble cabinetry after finish process is complete.
* Screw items back together (screw-driver/ drill).
* Install lights, latches, other small items (use of hand tools).
* Weigh cabinets and document Part number and serial numbers.
* Gather screws and put into card board for paint.
* Hand sand or sand with orbital power sander.
* Wipe off or blow off dust with damp cloth or air-gun.
* Edge fill any rough areas using putty knife and mixing board, then sand flush by hand.
* Apply lacquer, clear coats and finishes to finished product surfaces ensuring consistent application and coverage (applied by hand and/or spray equipment)
* Repair / prepare surface between coats for additional finishing
* Inspect for high quality, clear consistent finish result
* Performs work in a productive, diligent, careful and safe manner.
* Complete any special projects or other tasks as required or assigned. May be assigned to other areas of operations, based on business or customer requirements.
* Works in compliance with all Administrative, Health & Safety policies and procedures as per legislative requirements and as outlined in Company policies.
#Mandatory Qualifications and Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Aerospace / Aviation experience.
* Extensive, practical wood-working, surface preparation, finishing and cabinetry experience.
* Must be able to understand and work from blueprints as well as other written instructions and design specifications.
* Must be able to work with engineers and calculate weight & balance data and must be familiar with a variety of hand tools, woodworking machinery and ideally, CNC automation.
* Have general knowledge of aircraft cabinets and components, including repairing, modifying, refurbishing, and fabricating aircraft cabinets, as well as stripping and re-covering cabinets with new veneer or laminate.
#Desired Qualifications and Experience:
* Trade certification or education in woodworking, woodwork manufacturing or millwork.
* Strong mathematical knowledge .
* Excellent planning, organization and coordination skills.
* Excellent judgment, strong attention to detail.
Why Work Here?”We are a company with a family heritage and a TEAM mentality. TeamGlobal, while conducting our business with integrity and superior service, has a dual commitment to satisfying applicable business requirements and to continually improve the Quality Management System. Thereby, providing a solution to your employment needs.”
Putting Great People in Great Jobs is our number one priority!
Saint Louis, MO