Community Crisis Co-Responder Clinical Therapist
Team Wellness Center Detroit, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental
Police Co-Responder Unit - Now hiring: Energetic, caring, well-organized Masters level social workers and Masters level professional counselors to provide crisis intervention in the community as part of the police co-responder unit. A combination of patrolling the neighborhood to check on friendly faces (know mental health and substance abuse clients) that frequent the ER or are the subject of calls from the public; and responding to emergency calls when the person is suspected to be in a mental health or substance abuse episode. Police will take the lead and will invite the clinician into the scene once it is deemed safe to do so. The clinician will approach the subject with evidence based approaches to care. Once cooperative, the clinician will determine if the subject is to be referred to emergency psychiatric inpatient, temporary crisis stabilization or intensive outpatient services.
- LLMSW or LLPC required
- Friendly and courteous demeanor
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work under little to no direction
- Excellent human relations and communication skills are needed to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with stakeholders, staff, and members
- Beliefs and values that support and promote recovery
- Assess client’s psycho-socially, who are diagnosed with chronic mental illness, substance use disorders and/or developmental disabilities.
- Assist the client to set life enhancement goals and objectives that will allow them to live in the least restrictive environment and to thrive in the community of their choice, in a healthy and safe manner.
- Work very close with the psychiatrist, case manager, and peer support specialists.
Team Wellness Center is the premier provider specializing in behavioral health, while providing and/or coordinating primary healthcare, dentistry, substance abuse treatment, and other human services. We offer competitive salaries, paid vacations, and paid holidays, along with other benefits. Team Wellness Center is one of the fastest growing, quality-driven, trendsetters of our industry. We are always recruiting the top talent.
Team Wellness Center
Team Wellness Center is the premiere provider of community health services in Southeast Michigan. We are committed to helping the vulnerable population with chronic and severe mental illness; substance abuse disorders; developmental disabilities; primary care needs; and dental. Our staff are committed to the higher standard of care that is demanded and we are always looking for the best in our industry to ad to our team.