Team Wellness Center is an organization dedicated to enhancing the well-being of individuals by providing an array of comprehensive behavioral and physical services in an environment that promotes quality of life, continuous improvement, and social awareness.
Have you maintained success in your mental health or substance abuse recovery? Are you interested in mentoring others to find mental wellness or sobriety? Team Wellness Center is currently hiring for Certified Peer Counselors, Mentors and Specialist for Returning Citizens. We provide all training and no experience necessary.
A Certified Peer specialist is a person who has lived-experience with mental illness and/or substance abuse disorder that has successfully maintained recovery and stability for a least a year. Now, this person is using their personal testimony to encourage and support others who suffer from mental illness and/or substance abuse disorder; to help them achieve and maintain recovery. The ideal candidate must feel compelled to use their story in the pursuit of helping others and must be dedicated to going the extra mile, as part of an integrated treatment team. Must be able to assist the treatment team with linking the member to internal resources and community supports, like the department of human services, bridge card assistance, employment assistance, housing assistance, primary healthcare, dental, and much more. A key to the member’s success will be a positive transition into the community of their choice…while continuing their mental health and/or substance use treatment.
We are the Future of Integrated Care and every day we strive to achieve more while continuing to deliver the quality of care our members and community depend on. To learn more about us, visit www.t-mhs.com
- High School diploma/G.E.D. or enrolled in G.E.D. program.
- Successfully completed Peer Support training and certification, as defined by the State.
- Demonstrated ability to support the recovery of other members that have a mental illness and/or substance abuse disorder.
- Self-identified member that is in recovery from a Mental Illness and/or Substance Abuse disorder.
- Free of relapse for at least 1 year prior to the date of position.
- Beliefs and values that support and promote recovery.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.