Team Survivor Northwest Seattle, WA
- Expired: 16 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Team Survivor Northwest (TSNW) is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to play a critical role in ensuring the organization achieves its plans for growth in alignment with its mission, vision and values. This individual will report to the Executive Director and collaborate with the following volunteers: Social Media Specialist, Graphic Designer & Web Designer. The Communications Manager will be responsible for producing the majority of marketing and communications work for the organization, whether in print, via email, or via social media. Ideally, the candidate will be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within a small, close-knit team, and thrive in a busy environment. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders to attract and interact with targeted communities.
The candidate should have empathy and a passion for helping others, particularly women with cancer and communities affected by healthcare disparities. TSNW members have a variety of fitness needs, social/emotional needs, are of varying ages and backgrounds and the candidate should do their best to represent that diversity in communications. This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference for an organization that has a positive impact on the ongoing survivorship of women who have been diagnosed and treated for cancer.
- With the support of the Executive Director (ED), propose a marketing and communications plan to promote the work of Team Survivor Northwest and its fundraising campaigns
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures and the TSNW website
- Contribute to marketing and communications support for new programs, including branding
- Maintain communications editorial calendar for web, email and social media
- Manage TSNW’s image library and collaborate with photographer when applicable
- Contribute to donor engagement content development in collaboration with the ED (Annual Report, sponsorship materials, etc)
- Increase awareness for key program and fundraising events, including gala
- Write press releases and manage media relationships
- Lead content creation for TSNW’s Social Media, including written blog content, tweets, posts & videos
- With the support of long-term volunteers, manage all aspects of TSNW’s social media presence (website, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Drive strategy to increase daily engagement on TSNW social media accounts
- Monitor, report and present on online engagement analytics (web, email, social media, earned media)
- Leverage key engagement metrics across platforms to optimize content, messaging and distributions
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in communications and/or marketing, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as journalism, public relations or communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (candidates selected to interview will be required to complete written performance exercise)
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Proven results in implementing marketing and communications strategic plans
- Proven results in managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) to engage a diverse audience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with WordPress and Canva preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing deadlines
- Passion for supporting women cancer survivors and addressing healthcare disparities
This is a unique opportunity to make a big contribution for a small, but mighty organization. The position is part-time (20 hours per week) with flexible schedule. Salary will be commensurate with experience. No benefits are offered at this time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Team Survivor Northwest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status or other factors protected by law.
Team Survivor NorthwestWhy Work Here?
This is a great opportunity to make an impact on the ongoing survivorship of women who have been diagnosed and treated for cancer.
Team Survivor Northwest is a nonprofit organization that provides a broad range of fitness and health education programs to enable women cancer survivors, in any stage of treatment or recovery, to take an active role in their ongoing physical and emotional healing. This is accomplished through a variety of fitness programs including fitness classes, hiking, dragon boating, mountain climbing, triathlon training, fitness retreats and more. The research supports that the work this organization does improves and saves the lives of women who have had a cancer diagnosis. Learn more at TeamSurvivorNW.org.
200 NE Pacific StSeattle, WA