You can apply by texting TSC to 97211
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with an expanding home health care company? Are you eager to prove yourself, be valued and grow? It is in your best interest to apply and hear more about what we have to offer!
Team Select is looking for a RN Case Manager to join our Team Select family. The RN Case Manager will spit their time in the office as well in the field with the nurses and our patients. You will also prepare clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on patients promptly following agency policy. Will also make initial evaluation visits and reevaluate patients nursing needs, coordinate services, and more. The RN Case manager will report to the Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor.
- Provide services following the plan of care.
- Initiate the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Furnish those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skill.
- Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Coordinate services for our patients.
- Inform physician and other personnel of changes in the patient's condition and needs.
- Counsel the patient and family/significant others in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Participate in in-service programs, supervising and teaching other nursing personnel.
- Process orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition.
- Complete certification/re-certification orders and discharge summaries.
- Determine the amount and type of nursing needed by each patient.
- Refer to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker regarding patients requiring their specialized skills.
- Oversee the LPN/LVN every 30-days and manage the HHA/CNA every 14-days (or per regulatory requirements) and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conduct patient care conferences on patients assigned to your care.
- Give total patient care as needed.
- Take on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- Complete and submit OASIS assessments, reassessments, and transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and change in condition following our agency defined time frames.
- Attend staff meetings and patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Complete documentation and paperwork promptly per agency policy.
- Immediately reports to Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor any patient incidents/variances or complaints.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Team Select’s mission is to take every opportunity to do right by all. We believe our people and culture genuinely make us unique and are the foundation for our leadership in the healthcare space. We focus on fostering a collaborative environment that differentiates us and has allowed us to be recognized as a Best Place to Work and Home Care Elite Top Agency. Join our growing Team Select Family and discover a dynamic company where you’re able to make a positive impact. We encourage you to inquire about becoming a part of our team!
“Team Select’s mission is to take every opportunity to do right by all. To provide high-quality home care that delivers measurable, enhanced outcomes for our patients, families and physicians; while fostering a dynamic culture our employees are proud of. We are the practical innovators in home care, driving sustainable solutions for long term success.”
Our leadership in the healthcare industry starts with our culture.
Having been recognized year after year as a “HomeCare Elite Agency,” as well as being awarded the #2 Best Place to Work, proves that our focus on our people truly differentiates us.
If you are passionate about your career, and equally passionate about providing world class care, then Team Select Home Care might just be a fit for you.