Opportunity Overview: Our client, a multinational software and tech company, needs a Usability Researcher, like you, to conduct and assist with all types of UX research on a team addressing fundamental issues in human-computer interaction. From lab-based usability tests to surveys to field research, your knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods will ensure you see the usability process through from start to finish. Analyzing and drawing the insights from the data will prove no challenge to you, considering your advanced Excel and statistical analysis skills. Not only that, but with your effective communication skills, you can deftly collaborate and share your research plans among your team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Use knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods to inform experimental design.
- Create, define, and follow detailed procedures and protocols.
- Analyze data through advanced statistical analysis, regression, principal component analysis (PCA), and Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS).
- Conduct research, interviews, surveys, and usability studies.
- Analyze data through quantitative and qualitative analysis methods to create reports based on results.
- Scope and plan research projects.
- Conduct user and market research to understand the needs and desires of your target audience.
- Research, document and deliver detailed reviews of competitive products including analysis of product features, design, perceived strengths and weaknesses.
- Research, document and deliver detailed reviews of company products including comparisons to past, current and future competitive offerings.
- Document and present recommendations based on research and analysis.
- Assist supervising usability researcher or manager in identifying and addressing critical usability issues.
- 2+ years of experience designing, running, and analyzing usability studies.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods, with the skills to analyze and draw insights from the results.
- Advanced statistical analysis skills required, including regression, principal component analysis (PCA), and Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, including complex formulas, v-lookups, and pivot tables.
- Demonstrated capability in experimental design and research methodologies, with the ability to create and follow detailed protocols.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of a range of UX research approaches and methodologies, including surveys, interviews, focus groups and field studies.
- Proven analytical and synthesis skills with the ability to turn research results into product insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present research plans and influence a range of audiences.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required. Degrees in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, behavioral science, or related field a plus.
Job Type: Contract/Full-time (W-2)
Estimated Start Date: March 1, 2020
Contract Duration: 3 months, with possibility of extension
Location: Bellevue, WA
Why Work with Team Red Dog?
With a high-touch approach and relationships with top companies, Team Red Dog has the opportunities to fit your unique blend of skills, strengths, and passions. As Seattle's premier professional staffing agency, you'll be provided a generous benefits package which includes an employer-matched 401K, profit sharing, paid time off, and more.
So, if you're looking for steady income, outstanding benefits, and a job that lets you shine doing what you do best, then submit your name today!
To quickly apply - fill out the online form and questionnaire below and attach your resume and cover letter (optional). If your background is a match for this specific role, then someone from our Recruiting Team will contact you soon.
*All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship.
*Team Red Dog is an equal opportunity employer.
*Team Red Dog (formerly Red Dog Interactive, Inc.) is an E-Verify employer.
*Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check.
*Please no solicitations from C2C or recruiting firms.