Opportunity Overview: Our client, a multinational software and tech company, needs a UX Dashboard Designer, like you, to utilize your UX expertise in creating research-based tools, data visualizations, and more. You'll be joining an exciting team engaged in innovative research in the hottest tech areas like artificial intelligence and machine learning. As an experienced UX/UI designer, you're well versed in creating wireframes, user flows, personas, and functional prototypes as well as fluent in applications like Adobe Experience Design and Sketch. However, you also bring specialized expertise in translating your UX skills to enhancing data-centric dashboards and visualizations.
Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume. Resumes without portfolios will not be considered.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create data visualizations within service-based and data analysis-oriented dashboards.
- Provide materials, such as wireframes or visual designs for concepts, features, demos, user-testing, etc.
- Create research-based tools, data visualizations, and project collateral such as infographics.
- Check in and collaborate with project teams to understand customer needs and motivations, then integrate them into product design.
- Ad-hoc design brainstorms/or meetings with teammates
- Need to be able to manage their own work and be an effective communicator
- Design user interfaces for web, software, and/or hardware products.
- Write functionality design specifications.
- Design and implement prototypes, mock ups, task analysis, usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams.
- Conduct user interviews and user studies on a small scale.
- Minimum 5 years' overall design experience required.
- Must provide link to online portfolio with demonstrations of data visualizations, infographics, dashboards, and other UX/UI skills on resume.
- Proven experience with using design expertise to create data visualizations within complex dashboards required.
- Fluent in Adobe Experience Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketch required.
- Proficiency in Figma preferred.
- Advanced expertise in creating and implementing personas, user journeys, wireframes, UX/UI, and usability study materials.
- Previous experience working with researchers and/or data scientists preferred, but not required.
- Top-notch communication skills with the ability to present work.
- Familiarity with GitHub preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in related creative field preferred.
Job Type: Contract/Full-time with part-time (20 – 32 hrs/wk) option (W-2)
Estimated Start Date: December 9, 2019
Contract Duration: 4 months with possible extension.
Location: Greater Seattle area
Why Work with Team Red Dog?
With a high-touch approach and relationships with top companies, Team Red Dog has the opportunities to fit your unique blend of skills, strengths, and passions. As Seattle's premier professional staffing agency, you'll be provided a generous benefits package which includes an employer-matched 401K, profit sharing, paid time off, and more.
So, if you're looking for steady income, outstanding benefits, and a job that lets you shine doing what you do best, then submit your name today!
To quickly apply - fill out the online form and questionnaire below and attach your resume and cover letter (optional). If your background is a match for this specific role, then someone from our Recruiting Team will contact you soon.
*All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship.
*Team Red Dog is an equal opportunity employer.
*Team Red Dog (formerly Red Dog Interactive, Inc.) is an E-Verify employer.
*Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check.
*Please no solicitations from C2C or recruiting firms.