Registered Respiratory Therapist - Goverment Civilian Opportunity!
Team Placement Service Inc Portsmouth, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST at Naval Hospital in Portsmouth, VA
**Security Clearance is needed for this position**
SITE OF SERVICE:
· Ancillary services shall be provided in support of Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA (NMCP) and its associated Branch Health/Medical Clinics (BHC) and Tricare Prime Clinics (TPC).
- Degree: Associates Degree.
- Education: Graduate from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) or Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- Experience: Possess at least 1 year of experience within the preceding 3 years as a Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist in either (a) Pediatric Inpatient unit OR (b) Pediatric Clinic OR (c) Adult Intensive Care Unit.
o Possess certification as Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
o Possess and maintain certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
o Possess and maintain certification in Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
o Possess and maintain certification in Neonatal Respiratory Program (NRP).
o The employee shall hold current Healthcare Provider (HCP) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification using American Heart Association guidelines.
· Perform complex respiratory procedures with minimal supervision.
· Participate with physicians, nurses and other staff in planning respiratory treatment, with great reliance on the individual’s knowledge of the equipment.
· Provide emergency or critical respiratory care.
· Respiratory Therapist (NICU/PICU/ICU) – The Respiratory Clinic is located in the main hospital and is operational twenty-four (24) hour a day. Services shall normally be provided Monday through Sunday. Typical shifts are as follows: Day shift 0630 – 1900, 0630 and 1500; Night Shift 1830 – 0700 and 2230 – 0700. Typically, there will be a need for two (2) HCWs on the day shifts and five (5) HCWs on the night shift. Each HCW shall normally provide services for either a twelve (12) or an eight and a half (8.5) hour shift to include an uncompensated thirty (30) minute meal break. Shifts will be on a rotated basis within the time ranges specified as clinical demand dictate. In no instance will the HCW be required to provide services in excess of eighty (80) hours per two-week period.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $31.33 per hour
Powered by JazzHR