This is a part-time position, working Monday and Wednesday, 16 hours/week. Additional hours may be available, as needed, on a fill-in basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under direction of provider(s), assist with patient care, assessment and procedures.
- Collaborate with providers in the treatment and well-being of all patients during pregnancy.
- Facilitate efficient flow of patients through the clinic. Serve as a critical link between the providers and patients by managing patient phone calls and communicating results of testing, surgery schedules, procedures, etc.
- Provide patient education regarding prenatal and post-partum care. Facilitate a professional, personable and efficient atmosphere for the clinic.
- Obtain vital signs, nursing history and physical assessment.
- Review lab results and processes information to appropriate provider.
- Assist providers with patient assessments and procedures including prepping for vaginal exams. Obtain pre-certs when necessary.
- Document patient care, procedures and patient assessments in the medical record and other clinic records.
- Maintain neat and clean patient exam rooms and work areas; follows infection control policies and procedures in cleaning equipment and all areas of the clinic.
- Participate in quality assessment and performance improvement activities.
- Respond to patient phone calls and provide appropriate counsel/follow up.
- Maintain orderly sample drug supply room and ensure appropriate documentation is maintained on dispensing of sample drugs and vitamins.
- Work as a team with other members of the clinic to ensure the highest quality of care at all times.
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in dealing with fellow employees, patients, and providers so that productivity and positive employee relations are maximized.
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality in accordance with clinic policy.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the Program Manager, Providers or Delphi Operations Team. These, on occasion, may be unrelated to the position described here.
- Serve as bi-lingual interpreter for Spanish speaking patients translating for providers and office personnel when needed
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Must speak Spanish
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma required. Medical Assistant or License Practical Nurse certification preferred. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Minimum of 5 years experience assisting with clinical duties. Obstetrics experience preferred. At least 2 years experience in physician clinic setting preferred.
Intermediate computer skills required. Must have ability to handle appropriately confidential information. Must have excellent professional verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of hazardous materials used in the clinic required. Knowledge of effective body mechanics to prevent injury required. Must have ability to work in new situations, grasp new ideas and adapt to new procedures. Must have ability to evaluate available data and come to sound conclusions.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employee will stand and walk for long periods of time. Requires full range of body motion, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Will be required to frequently life/carry patients and/or items weighing 50 lbs. or more. Will be required to stoop, kneel, and bend.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.