JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Director of Analytics will be responsible for managing the growing analytics team including Descriptive and Predictive Analytics as well as the establishment of our Analyst Community of Practice and willplay an important role in the continued growth and success of TeamHealth. The Company is transforming into a data driven and data enabled organization, and the Director of Analytics will play a key role in our Enterprise Data and Analytics (EDA) organization ensuring that the analytics capabilities will provide the business with rich and actionable insights giving TeamHealth a competitive advantage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work cross-functional with vertical partners to understand opportunities and then define, implement, and maintain analytics roadmaps
- Serve as key EDA thought leader in aligning analytics with broader business goals and objectives
- Support analytics design decisions by taking relevant inputs from business team and defining clear plan for analytics team; pushes analytics teams to confirm assumptions, extract relevant insights and to interpret the models and outputs
- Ensure principles, best practices, guidelines, and standards for analytics are consistently applied and evaluated for effectiveness
- Provide coaching, development, and leadership to BI/Analytics team members
- Drive establishment of Analyst Community of Practice, developing self-service analytics standards and enabling those standards and processes throughout the enterprise.
- Leada world-class team of data analysts and data scientist who are passionate about what they do
- Continuously learn and stay abreast of industry trends keeping key stakeholders educated and informed
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in information technology, computer science or engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in advanced data analytics techniques and technologies
- Ability to understand and discuss deep analytical and technical concepts, distill them for a broader audience, and clearly articulate key insights to leadership
- Experience with Iterative and Agile Development methodologies
- Demonstrated team and resource management experience
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to work and influence more senior levels of the organization across functional groups
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-Motivated Achiever interested in learning new things
- Must be detail oriented and take pride in your work
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Manage and develop team of technical leads, data scientists/analysts.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Duties performed in a well-lighted, modern office setting;
- Occasional lifting/carrying (25 pounds or less);
- Prolonged sitting;
- Prolonged work on a computer/PC.
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, and fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.