HRP010, HR Generalist 1 (J) - "HR Benefits Coordinator"
Job Salary: $45,000.00
Job Summary: Under supervision, provides multiple human resources services in support of an organization. Responsible for daily transactions, recruitment, benefits, training and other human resource functions.
Job Specific Duties: Under general supervision, processes and provides technical expertise and effective communication of health and flexible benefits administration. Provides technical expertise to HR field services and agency staff regarding health and flexible benefits and other related personnel requests. Prepares monthly related billing reports. Presents open enrollment information. Handles and responds to benefits related inquiries. Other duties may be assigned as assistance is needed with special projects. Works closely with the State Health Benefits Plan Agency.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications.
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university
OR Two years of human resource experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Human Resources in State Government with responsibilities in the following: administering health and flexible benefits, facilitating open enrollment sessions, and presenting during new employee orientation
- Experience with PeopleSoft HRIS
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations concerning benefits administration
- Possesses good computer skills
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills; detail-oriented
- Demonstrated experience identifying and analyzing problems; gathering, interpreting, and evaluating information to determine its accuracy and relevance
- Ability to work well with others to achieve team projects
- Displays high standards of ethical conduct and a high level of commitment toward performing work
- Displays a professional image
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in a courteous, professional manner
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in Human Resources in State Government with a primary responsibility in the following: processing monthly billing reports
- Experience with the State of Georgia
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GDOT JOBS
The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. In addition to the interview, the final selection is based on the applicant's work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation) and, for supervisory positions, demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered.
Good Employment Standing:
In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the date of issuance). In addition, an employee must have an overall ePerformance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee's favor, he or she will be allowed to compete.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE.
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.