US or UK
Team Cymru is the leader in Internet Threat Intelligence. Team Cymru pure signal – our unique and global insight – empowers an amazing team of analysts to develop industry leading intelligence that is critical to the success of our customer’s cyber security efforts.
Team Cymru is an ardent supporter of the Threat Intelligence community. In addition to enabling industry collaboration through exclusive conferences a year, team members actively participate in working groups, attend industry events, and collaborate with the community.
Team Cymru analysts make a difference every day, leading in the battle against those intent on harming others. We are passionate about our mission, and we are looking for additional teammates who share in that passion. Do you have a strong background in analytic tradecraft, deductive reasoning and critical thinking? Would you like to have access to our industry leading threat intelligence? Are you a proven teammate, mentor and technical leader? Would you like to join the battle and make a difference in the world? If so, then opportunity knocks.
Team Cymru analysts work on research and reporting pertaining to our customer’s service security, empowering our customer’s to effectively and efficiently complete their mission. Additionally, our analysts undertake research into other threats, which leads to working closely with our engineering teams in the development of our world class analytical tools suite, data analytics systems, and analysis automation as well as adding to the body of knowledge of those threats.
- Work with customers, producing intelligence pertinent to their threat landscape
- Develop and present operational and strategic intelligence about threat actors
- Evaluate tools, methodologies, and best practices to effectively understand the tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) utilized by threat actors
- Ability to work effectively in a distributed team environment
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role as a threat intelligence analyst, network forensics analyst, or IT security analyst
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep working knowledge of IP networking and services; including standard Internet protocols such as DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, and VPNs, as well as routing protocols
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating system concepts
- Experience with basic malware analysis, network and application forensics
- Experience of developing indicators of compromise (IOCs) and an understanding of how they can be used/deployed in various detection architectures at host or network level
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to produce customer-facing intelligence reports
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Effective programing or scripting skills (Python preferred)
- Experience of reverse engineering malware
Our culture is geared towards the self-starter and curious within the industry, with ample opportunities to explore, research and develop new and unique solutions to today’s threat landscape. Working arrangements are flexible in regard to country or state.
We work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment across multiple geographies. We are fuelled by a passion for making the world better. We have been recognized for more than a decade as the preeminent Internet intelligence organization.
To take the next step, email your cover letter and resume (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org.