The Customer Service Representative is responsible for delivering a positive application experience for prospective policyholders of our client company. The Representative places outbound calls to and services inbound calls from applicants to collect and compile key data points that support the business process.
As Customer Service Representative, You Will:
• Respond to applicant’s inbound inquiries providing a world-class customer experience.
• Perform outbound outreach to applicants and work with them and the operations team.
• Exercise consultative sales techniques demonstrating strong call control.
• Document every correspondence with applicants clearly and concisely.
• Request and secure required documentation according to documented company procedures.
• Deliver timely, accurate, and actionable information to in-house Teams as appropriate.
Primary Responsibilities: Conduct inbound and outbound applicant interviews with both expediency and accuracy to collect and compile key data points that support the policy underwriting process. Use various systems to: access the applicants' phone number to dial calls; manage and update the call disposition; and conduct the interview. Handle status inquiries from applicants, agents, general office personnel and underwriters. Handle interviews of higher complexities such as applicants who may have more remarkable personal and health histories; and with applicants applying for higher coverage amounts. Operate with a continuous improvement mindset, providing feedback and suggestions to improve the process.
Training & Development: A Customer Service Representative will undergo a comprehensive on the job training environment to learn about the industry, products, provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
Qualifications: 1 to 5 years experience in a customer service environment (highly preferred), must be fluent in English, excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication, demonstrates passion for continuous improvement and service excellence, and strong computer skills highly preferred.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), the position is remote and/or in-office