Instructional Systems Designer
We are seeking a high performing Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to support a client program. Our ISDs are highly motivated individuals whose primary responsibilities are to analyze, design, develop, and maintain instructional content for web-based and/or instructor-led courses and related training products; and nurture, build and sustain strategic client partnerships. Carney’s ideal candidate is passionate about instructional design, industrial security training, and developing our solutions.
This position requires a one-day-a-week on site.
The ideal candidate will support the client’s Training Division in order to meet the continuous changing security environment which drives the need to develop and update training content. The ISD shall provide technical expertise to apply the ADDIE model. New development and maintenance may consist of eLearning asynchronous courses, virtual instructor-led courses, short format eLearning, instructor led training and performance support tools.
· Assist and provide guidance on the application of the ADDIE methodology
· Collaborate with client personnel to conduct comprehensive Training Needs Analysis (TNA) that identify security competencies, training requirements, goals, learning objectives, topics, instructional strategies, media selection, and training recommendations for a specified audience
· Support new development, due to immediate requirements, through front end analysis, training design plans, storyboards, assessments and beta tests
· Support maintaining existing products by identifying changes based on policy, events or the Department of Defense Security Skill Standards (DS3). Changes shall be documented accordingly on storyboards. The contractor shall ensure changes are accurately applied after a client programmer completes the changes
· Develop detailed course design documents that include the course content outline, media treatments, technical specifications, assessment strategy, instructional materials and recommended design approach for the course
· Develop and update course storyboards which specifies the flow for audio and text of all content to include graphic design for inclusion in the final course product
· Conduct and participate in beta tests for products in development and evaluate for accuracy and instructional effectiveness
· Develop and update assessments for courses
· Evaluate products for instructional effectiveness
· A Master’s degree in Instructional Systems Design or Adult Education, from an accredited university.
o In lieu of a Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and at least five years of experience designing and developing online, instructor-led, or instructor-facilitated distance-delivered courses
· Experience developing and updating online instructor-led or instructor-facilitated distance-delivered courses in a Collaborative Learning Environment (currently Sakai) relevant to security topics
· Experience in Instructional Systems Design, and developing online, instructor-led, or instructor-facilitated courses related to DoD Security Policy
· Experience supporting CDSE, DCSA or other security agencies in the execution of security-related training programs
· Current Secret security clearance
· U.S. Citizenship
· Eight years of experience in Instructional Systems Design, and developing online, instructor-led, or instructor-facilitated courses
· Two years of experience supporting CDSE, DCSA or other security agencies in the execution of security-related training programs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Powered by JazzHR
Team CarneyLinthicum Heights, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.