Currently we are hiring an RN Educator to Train and educate HHA in Suffolk County. The RN Educator will use the approved curriculum and will work closely to identify specific areas of education needed to educate and train Home Health Staff. The RN Educator has account-abilities for the monitoring, implementation and evaluation of process and programs to meet regulatory, accreditation and standards of practice.
• Train HHA on Approved State Curriculum for HHA
• Acts as a clinical resource to staff
• Maintains updated nursing knowledge and skills
• Provides assistance to community education team in meeting community education needs
• Promote self-growth and collegial relationships with others in the home care industry.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal and professional networks and participates in professional organizations and societies.duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
• Registered nurse with current licence to practice professional nursing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing.
• 2 Years clinical nursing experience. (An emphasis in Home Health nursing is preferred)
• Excellent understanding of performance improvement, quality assurance and utilization management.
• Is self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Has excellent coordination and communication skills.
• RN Educator: 2 years (Preferred