Professional Development Network Consultant
- Posted: over a month ago
Being A Professional Development Network Consultant
As a professional development trainer, you'll represent Teaching Strategies by conducting training virtually and/or in-person anywhere in the contiguous United States on any one or combinations of our solutions; The Creative Curriculum and GOLD, Coaching to Fidelity, Ready Rosie, and Al's Pals. Our research-based approach to professional development consists of:
- Customized training for our customers
- Ongoing technical assistance and/or coaching to support quality implementation
- Relationship-based coaching with teachers and administrators
- Shared goal setting, classroom observations, and collaborative planning and problem-solving
- Development of implementation plans, data analysis, report interpretation
- Study teams, and one-on-one administrator consultation
We are looking for experienced educators who come from the field of early childhood education and can share their expertise in best practices and the use of Teaching Strategies solutions. A successful candidate should possess the following qualities
- Knowledge and experience utilizing The Creative Curriculum and GOLD required
- Knowledge of Coaching to Fidelity, Ready Rosie, and Al's Pals and other solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and dynamic presence as a presenter
- Deep knowledge of ECE best practices and current research
- Flexibility, agility and ability to think on their feet when the best laid plans need to be adjusted
- Ability to travel using various modes of transportation (planes, trains and automobiles) Uses technology with ease and regularly to communicate and to facilitate training sessions
- A sense of adventure and enthusiasm for meeting and collaborating with all types of educators from around the country
- Effective organizational skills and ability to manage travel plans, accounting and expenses related to the trainings conducted
Beyond these qualifications we are specifically looking for educators in Western and Mid-Western States with experience and certifications in supporting dual language learners, children with special needs, trauma-informed care, social-emotional learning, and coaching teachers on best practices.
***In addition to your resume, please record a video using any video platform you would like, of yourself answering the following prompts. Use personal stories, anecdotes, activities or any other training strategy in your responses. Please keep each response to 3 minutes or less. Please return your video responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How would you explain DAP to teachers and drive home how important it is for teachers to understand how it relates to their daily practice?
- Learning is predictable but not rigid. It is overlapping, uneven and interrelated. How can a teacher keep track of children's learning if this statement is true?
- What role does the environment play in learning? What are some key factors to keep in mind as a teacher sets up her classroom?
Note: PDN Consultants are not considered regular, full-time or part-times employees of Teaching Strategies and work on a contract-only basis.
Teaching Strategies - Professional Development Network
TechnologyView all jobs at Teaching Strategies - Professional Development Network