Vice President of Demand Generation (Remote)
Teaching Strategies, LLC Bethesda, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Be A Part of our Team!
Join a working family that is dedicated to the mission of the work we do!
Teaching Strategies, headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, is the leader in the Early Childhood Education (ECE) sector, providing the most widely-used developmental assessment and curriculum system in the US, serving children from birth through 3rd grade. Recently, Teaching Strategies launched a first-of-its-kind integrated digital curriculum, assessment, and family communications solution to support traditional and remote learning environments and is experiencing significant growth.
The Early Childhood Education sector has been one of the fastest growing segments of the Education market over the past few years. With bi-partisan support and an increasing understanding of the positive impact that whole child development can have on academic and life success, the sector is expected to continue steady growth in the public and private sectors in the coming years, worldwide.
In addition to the very healthy market tailwinds, there are two other compelling reasons this opportunity is compelling:
- There are few sectors where the intersection of for-profit and for-good combine so powerfully. The opportunity to create down-stream lasting effects on human outcomes is profound: 80% of the human brain is formed by the age of 3, and providing the right developmental experiences from birth to age 5 has an outsized effect on what happens in school and, more importantly, in life. By 3rd grade, developmental deficits are very difficult to remediate and too often seed indelible effect. There is no way to move the needle on human opportunity more drastically than improving the quality and availability of effective early childhood learning
- The early childhood space is a step or two behind the powerful advances seen in similar industries such as healthcare, in which the application of powerful data, recommendation engines, dashboards, and interactive tools has significantly increased the speed and precision of diagnosis, remediation, and interaction between practitioner and patient. Early childhood education is one of the few last frontiers in which the powerful use of data and insights have not yet elevated work streams and efficacy.
There is no other company in the market with the reach, reputation, mission-orientation, balance sheet, and financial sponsors to make the kind of significant new headway over the next 3-5 years as Teaching Strategies. Teaching Strategies is on pace to build a powerful digital SaaS platform that more seamlessly connects the 5 pillars of its designed solution to maximize child outcomes: curriculum, assessment, family engagement, child-facing tech, and professional development.
As the Vice President of Demand Generation, you'll be responsible for leading the strategic development and direction of all aspects of demand generation across our expanding product portfolio to meet revenue goals and further our mission of improving early childhood education across the globe. Working closely with the leadership team, the VP will play a critical role in taking the company through the next phase of growth. You and your team will generate net new pipeline in both current and new markets, help grow our existing install base, and design our marketing strategy to build global awareness and drive larger deal sizes.
Reporting to the CMO, the VP will own marketing program strategy, digital marketing, automation, operations, events, and analytics. The ideal candidate is well-versed in demand generation best practices and marketing technologies, analytical and data-driven in their decision-making, and a skilled and versatile leader with the ability to balance strategic planning with a hands-on, team-based approach.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Builds and leads a demand generation center of excellence that includes cross-functional collaboration with product marketing, creative, sales, product management, and partner success.
- Develops and executes inbound and outbound customer acquisition strategies and integrated campaigns combining email, events, social, webinars, paid advertising, ABM, web optimization, SEO, and content syndication.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of campaigns and programs and be accountable for performance in achieving objectives, including impact on lead generation, sales opportunity pipeline, and CLTV (customer lifetime value).
- Partners with Sales to define KPIs and build predictive models and dashboards to forecast and measure ROI and support decision making, adjusting tactics and strategy accordingly.
- Optimizes and scales up the demand generation engine by defining and implementing best practice capabilities in service of company growth and revenue goals across product lines, audiences, and markets.
- Creates customer journey maps per market through strong collaboration with sales and product marketing. Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of touch-points and their influence on the marketing funnel.
- Aligns campaigns and programs with product launches, external market trends, competitor insights, and front-line feedback to continually improve results.
- Remains up-to-date on demand generation trends and marketing technologies and ensure the appropriate training and tools are in place to develop best practice within the team.
- Teaching Strategies is a federal government contractor and thus requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the employee is entitled to accommodation for reasons related to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief. Qualified applicants must comply with this vaccine policy as a condition of employment.
- 15+ years of marketing experience for high growth companies, with 10+ years of experience leading and growing marketing teams in a B2B organization
- BA or BS in marketing or business preferred, MBA is preferred
- Track record of building and executing demand generation programs with demonstrated ROI
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to track campaigns, scale success and maximize effectiveness
- Deep understanding of how to tailor marketing tactics and channels to deliver optimal ROI
- Advanced expertise in digital marketing, marketing automation, lead conversion, and marketing analytics
- Strategic leadership with experience driving alignment across marketing and sales teams on campaign planning, objectives and KPIs
- Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives and team members
- Extremely strong communication skills and the ability to educate others about marketing science
- Grace under pressure and comfort with the ambiguity and rapid iterative testing inherent in a fast-paced environment
Why Teaching Strategies:
At Teaching Strategies, our solutions and services are only as strong as the teams that create them. By bringing passion, dedication, and creativity to your job every day, there's no telling what you can do and where you can go! We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, flexible work schedules, opportunities to engage with co-workers, access to career advancement and professional development opportunities, and the chance to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Let's open the door to your career at Teaching Strategies!
Teaching Strategies offers our employees a robust suite of benefits and other perks which include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings accounts with employer contributions
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- 100% paid life, short and long term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and critical illness insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid parental leave programs
- Company-sponsored events
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Tuition assistance
Teaching Strategies, LLC is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of Minorities, all Genders, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Teaching Strategies, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Teaching Strategies, LLC