Principal Business Analyst (Remote)
- Expired: October 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Be a Part of our Team!
Join a working family that is dedicated to the mission of the work we do!
Teaching Strategies is an innovative edtech organization focused on connecting teachers, children, and families. As front runners in the early childhood education market, we build dynamic, top-quality digital products that integrate all of the essential elements of a high-quality solution: curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family engagement. We are building a team of results-oriented individuals who will thrive in a collaborative, work-hard/play-hard culture. We pride ourselves on the impact we have on the early childhood field through supporting teachers who are doing the most important work there is, teaching children to become creative, confident thinkers.
This individual will play a hands-on role working on elicitation, development and documentation of business and technical requirements for the Teaching Strategies product development teams. This position will have a close interaction with product group, software development, delivery and support teams, ensuring that all system requirements are clearly documented and communicated. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working on SaaS products within a fast-moving organization operating on complex, high transaction enterprise systems.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with UI/UX engineers to support the development of high fidelity mock-ups
- Work with engineers and development leads to document technical requirements
- Work with QA to support the development of test cases
- Analysis, documentation and implementation of business and technical requirements
- Collaboration with product group and other key stakeholders
- Developing internal and external facing documentation
- Supporting the go-to-market process and deliverables
- Supporting software and QA engineers to ensure that requirements are clearly understood and properly implemented
- Elicit business requirements using document analysis, JAD sessions, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and workflow analysis
- Interact with subject matter experts and business teams to understand, analyze and document requirements
- Collaborate with product group and the development team to establish the product vision, business and system requirements and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Assess As-Is and To-Be processes and document gaps and work with product group to determine solutions
- Product group and go to market documentation support
- Develop business and technical requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
- Develop clear, concise and well-organized system documentation
- Develop clear and concise stories with well-defined acceptance criteria, examples, and wireframes
- Work experience supporting SaaS enterprise products
- 8+ years as a business or systems analyst for a software company
- BS in Computer Science, Business, Information Management or relevant industry experience is required
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Background working with complex business systems and integration projects
- In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle
- Hands-on experience with Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence) or comparable Agile suite
- Product Management experience preferred or working directly with a Product team
Why Teaching Strategies
At Teaching Strategies, our solutions and services are only as strong as the teams that create them. By bringing passion, dedication, and creativity to your job every day, there's no telling what you can do and where you can go! We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, flexible work schedules, opportunities to engage with co-workers, access to career advancement and professional development opportunities, and the chance to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Let's open the door to your career at Teaching Strategies!
Some additional benefits & perks while working with Teaching Strategies
Teaching Strategies offers our employees a robust suite of benefits and other perks which include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Competitive compensation package, including participating in our Employee Equity Appreciation Program
- Flexible working environment
- Flexible paid time off
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings accounts with employer contributions
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Company-sponsored life, short and long term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and critical illness insurance
- Paid parental leave programs
Teaching Strategies, LLC is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of Minorities, all Genders, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Teaching Strategies, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Teaching Strategies, LLC
Get fresh Principal Business Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.