WHO WE ARE:
Teachers On Demand, INC is an educational staffing and recruiting firm that partners with K-12 schools around the United States. We are committed to assisting schools in the recruitment of high-quality educators on a permanent or substitute basis. One of our private Jewish schools located in North Miami Beach, Florida is seeking a Full-Time or Part-Time Elementary School Teacher for the 2020/2021 school year. The teacher will be responsible for the following courses:
5th Grade Math and Literacy
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Work Hours: Full Time 8:30am-4:00pm or Part Time 12:30pm-4:00pm
** Due to COVID-19 all courses for school year 2020/2021 could be taught in one of the following settings: Virtual, Face-2-Face, or Hybrid. The hired teacher must be skilled, experienced, and comfortable with instructing in all three learning environments.**
1. Teaches content and skills within the subject area assigned. In this case, the subject area is 5th-grade math and literacy.
2. Adapts material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments and lesson plans that guide and challenge students.
4. Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional philosophy and congruent with course standards; provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
5. Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, keeps appropriate records as necessary.
6. Encourages students to think independently and to express original ideas.
7.Evaluates each student’s progress in meeting the course standards.
8. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
9. Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve learning, health, and attitude problems.
10. Communicates with parents and school administration on student progress.
11. Supervises students in assigned out-of-classroom activities during the working day.
12.Participates in faculty meetings.
13. Administers testing in accordance with district & state testing practices.
14. Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings, and other professional activities.
15. Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centers.
16. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Must have a BA or MA degree.
Must have 2+ years of K-6 teaching experience in either math or reading.
Must have a current and valid K-6 professional teaching certificate.
Have some knowledge and experience with Jewish culture and schools, is preferred.
Teachers On Demand, INC is an educational staffing and recruiting firm that partners with K-12 schools around the United States. We are committed to assisting schools in the recruitment of high-quality educators on a permanent or substitute basis.