Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) is developing groundbreaking solutions to manage retirement & healthcare services as well as maximizing investment returns for the state's public education employees. Succeeding in life is about commitment and hard work-maybe a favorite school teacher imparted that idea to you along the way. At TRS, we take that to heart and believe life can also be a balance between giving back while excelling professionally.State Classification:
0654/Data Analyst V/B26
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Business Intelligence and Data Analysis
* Defines, develops, and implements automation of reports, processes, and interfaces.
* Designs and develops models to improve financial analysis and to project financial impact of business changes.
* Interprets and translates accounting and finance business needs into effective applications and operational requirements to assist IT staff with implementation of finance and accounting system solutions.
* Liaison between IT and Finance to facilitate testing and implementation of data warehouse.
* Identifies data gaps, errors, anomalies, inconsistencies, and redundancies by analyzing the content, structure, and relationships within data.
* Understands and compiles accurate data to present reports and assesses data quality.
* Applies a broad range of techniques and theories from business intelligence, data analysis and visualization, statistics, predictive analytics and machine learning to deliver actionable business insights based on large-scale data.
* Defines, captures, enriches, explores and preps data to support desired metrics monitoring and reports.
* Leverages mature data with variable/algorithm selection, predictive and behavioral analytics to identify emerging risks and issues beyond operational controls.
* Troubleshoots and resolves problems related to accounting and finance systems and applications.
* Provides thorough, visible, rigorous and transparent data reports and analysis.
* Tracks trends and provides recommendations for solutions based on findings.
* Interprets and communicates analytical insights to audiences with various analytical backgrounds using different but suitable communication methods for different audiences.
* Develops visually appealing and intuitive dashboards that provide visibility into key performance, risk, and control indicators across agency divisions and departments.
* Delivers quality results and presentations under short timelines.
Training and Technical Guidance
* Serves as a central resource for reports interpretation and assists with developing specifications for reports.
* Provides training and technical assistance to agency staff on processes, applications, and reporting.
* Participates on finance related agency committees and special projects as assigned.
* Performs quality assurance and serves as a subject matter expert on data integrity, extraction, testing and compilation.
Performs related work as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Information Technology, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence or a related field.
* Five (5) years of full-time experience in data analytics, business intelligence or similar field. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
* Experience with SQL, MS SQL Server, business intelligence and visualization tools and MS Office Suite.
* Experience may be concurrent.
Registration, Certification, or Licensure:
* Experience with MS Power BI, MS Visual Studio, MS Visio, Jira, and Talend Data Fabric.
* Experience working with a star-schema data warehouse or other data analytic data structures.