Quality Inspector (QA)
- Posted: 4 days ago
TBest Services newest client out of Elkridge, MD is a global leader in commercial vehicle system
solutions for the heavy duty truck, construction, agricultural, industrial, marine, and specialty industries. They take pride in building products the same way that they've built our company -with commitment, strength and focused direction.
They are successful because they are committed to continuous improvement. They aren't afraid to take chances with modern processes that may improve the tried and true. This company is immersed in technology in every market they serve. They growing, penetrating emerging markets, and constantly in pursuit of
innovation that will improve, shape, and define the future of the global commercial vehicle industry
The Elkridge facility provides turnkey electronics manufacturing solutions to its customers. Turnkey services include electro-mechanical manufacturing capabilities including assembling conveyors, complex military/defense box builds, UL508a control panels, large mechanical systems and cable/wire harnesses.
They are currently seeking an experienced Quality Inspector (QA) at our Elkridge, Maryland Facility.
Perform visual, mechanical and electrical inspection of parts, subassemblies, printed circuit boards, completed assemblies, production processes, final inspections and acceptance tests on internally and externally manufactured items. Perform in-process inspections during the assembly process as
specified in a record of assembly. Participate in the establishment of in-process, final quality control and inspection criteria methods for acceptance for the final product. Evaluate drawings for
correctness and feasibility of manufacture.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Primary job duty -Perform electrical cable and harness assemblies inspection
• Capability to pass a baseline inspection assessment and attain IPC/WHMA-A-620 certification for assessment of electronic/electrical product to the workmanship standards
• Perform visual, mechanical, and electrical inspection of electrical and mechanical components, subassemblies, completed assemblies, printed circuit boards, cables, production processes, final inspections and acceptance tests on internally and externally manufactured items.
• Develop or participate in the development of inspection manuals, process description, and work instructions based on a comprehensive knowledge of product inspection
• Work from drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, Engineering Orders, specifications, records of assembly, work orders, and other written or verbal instructions
• Evaluate test and inspection results to determine non-conformance causes
• Use calipers, micrometers, and gages for mechanical measurements. Uses Hi-Pot tester, multimeter, continuity tester, and microscope during electronic measurements and verifications
• Review production drawings for correctness/conformance to specified requirements and
feasibility of manufacture based on comprehensive knowledge of product
• Initiate and/or complete necessary quality records, test data, computer entries, and other
inspection documentation required to document acceptance or rejection of material
• Interface with production/purchasing, process engineering, vendors, fabrication and external
customers in accordance with inspection procedures and provide assistance when needed
• Assist in quality assurance activities as requested to identify findings related to inspection and
• Assist Quality Engineering with any activities related to Quality Assurance
• Improve and refine existing fixtures, measurement and test equipment, methods, process steps, procedures, and implement changes as necessary
• Estimate inspection time for customer proposals
• Take actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every
employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are
Education and Experience Required
• Relevant computer skills
• Knowledge of Quality systems
• Previous electronics inspection experience
• 1 plus year of technical training obtained through a vocational technical school, military, accredited educational institution or equivalent combination of education and experience (consisting of 2 years minimum industry experience) a plus.
[TBEST SERVICES INC] is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, [TBEST SERVICES INC] complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. [TBEST SERVICES INC.] also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Tbest Services Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?