Sr Mechanical Designer
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Sr. Mechanical Designer
Industry: Industrial Services
Department: Drafting and Design
Eligible for US Work Authorization Sponsorship: No
FLSA Exemption: Non‐Exempt
The Senior Mechanical Designer is responsible for equipment selection, layouts and integration into total project systems required for industrial and bulk material handling facilities. This includes collecting data and running specialty programs for conveyors and dust collection systems and applying outputs from these programs within the facility design framework. The Senior Mechanical Designer is expected to possess knowledge and skills to utilize CAD in order to perform sketches or conceptual 3D models with adequate understanding of core CAD software user fundamentals. The Senior Mechanical Designer will transfer these sketches to the CAD drafters/designers for further development under the Project Manager’s or Senior Mechanical Engineer’s guidance. The Senior Mechanical Designer is engaged from proposal/scope development of the mechanical requirements through final engineering.
· Execute facility level projects working from both written and verbal instruction
· Participate in client meetings and receive client input and relay it to the larger design team in an executable fashion
· Discover and understand job requirements, visualize in three dimensions (3D), interpret customer job specific requirements
· Read, interpret, and apply standards, customer specifications, and standard drawing formats;
· Perform design calculations, interpret graphs, access and obtain information from tables and codebooks
· Deliver a quality design product in the allotted time to support customer project needs;
· Adopt and adhere to Company and/or customer CAD standards while providing support to others in adhering to applicable standards
· Determine the correctness of inputs received, question inconsistencies, and apparent errors and omissions
· Access and efficiently interpret and utilize information contained in technical manuals, vendor and customer drawings, and previous designs
· Responsible for performing activities both a member of a design team and as an individual contributor
· Responsible for checking and reviewing own work as well as the work of others
· Perform work activities that affect the quality of engineering and design in accordance with company’s and customer’s health, environmental, safety and quality control procedures
· Mentor and provide technical supervision to junior engineers, designers, and drafters
· Assist in documenting engineering inputs to the design process
· Support proposal development by assisting in project scope definition
· Perform the necessary field work to obtain accurate information for the design
· Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· High school diploma or the equivalent required with Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting and Design preferred;
· Ten (10) years’ experience within an engineering office or construction field office utilizing CAD with related design and construction activities required;
· Proven track record in successfully executing facility level projects using 3D CAD software as a project; design “hub” from which most of the 2D drawings/deliverables were extracted electronically demonstrated in prior work history;
· Versed in the use of 3D model interface software such as Autodesk Navisworks or similar software;
· Experience in directing the work of drafters or other engineering support staff;
· Ability to utilize applicable engineering/drafting software;
· Ability to work on multiple project assignments with competing priorities;
· Ability to work effectively from both written a and verbal instructions;
· Ability to exhibit mastery of discipline design and drawing conventions;
· Ability to work effectively as both a design team member and an individual contributor;
· Ability to effectively review and check own work as well as the work of others;
· Willingness to adopt and adhere to Company and/or customer CAD standards and promote adherence with others;
· Strong written and verbal communications skills;
· Knowledge and ability to work with MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel);
· Knowledge of drafting standards, mathematics, science, and engineering technology
· Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels;
· Availability and ability to work overtime, travel (possible multi-day trips) including to work locations that may be industrial on an as needed based on project.
· Interaction with other team members, as well as supervisors and client personnel;
· May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis to obtain project field data or attend project meetings;
· Field duties may require outdoor work in a plant, facility or terminal environment;
· Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels;
· Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection;
· May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
· Must be able to lift and carry twenty (20) pounds;
· Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation;
· Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations;
· Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
· Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off‐site locations.
Specialties: Cad Drafters, Electrical Designers, Instrument Designers, Structural Designers, Piping Designers, Electrical Engineers, Instrument Engineers, Structural Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Pipe Stress Engineers, EH&S, QA/QC, Procurement, Project Controls, Document Control, Administrative
Great company and room for growth!
Taylor Technical Services began business in 1977. Since then, we have grown to become one of the largest suppliers of Engineering personnel in the Houston/Gulf Coast area and Alaska. We pride ourselves in having recruiters and account managers that have experience and have worked in the oil & gas engineering industry. Specialties: Cad Drafters, Electrical Designers, Instrument Designers, Structural Designers, Piping Designers, Electrical Engineers, Instrument Engineers, Structural Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Pipe Stress Engineers, EH&S, QA/QC, Procurement, Project Controls, Document Control, Administrative
Taylor Technical Services, Inc.Columbus, OH
Get fresh Sr Mechanical Designer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.