General Description: The Advanced Design Engineer position in either Subsea Wellhead or Subsea Production Systems (Subsea Trees) shall be responsible for the creation, review, and approval of Engineering documentation. Must be familiar with industry codes and the application of these codes to new design developments and/or design documentation. Must be capable of reviewing/understanding customer requirements. Previous experience with subsea wellhead or subsea completion equipment is required.
The position reports to the to the applicable Subsea Wellhead or Subsea Production System Engineering Manager/Section Leader.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
· Min. three (3) years of experience in the design and application of engineered offshore production equipment, preferably at an oilfield equipment manufacturing / service company.
· SolidWorks Software Experience is a Strong Preference
Key Position Requirements:
- Shall be responsible for the creation of new equipment and improving existing product designs.
- Participate in design review and technical presentations.
- Be able to consider offshore operations in component design and support the development of offshore running procedures.
- Be able to coordinate and clearly communicate with other company departments in a timely manner. Communications may include support to proposals teams, Sales technical support, certifying authority correspondence, manufacturing support, and coordination with Aftermarket/Service personnel in support of offshore operations.
- Shall be responsible for the review and disposition of non-conformance associated with the SWS or SPS product lines.
- Shall be responsible for the processing of Engineering documentation such as: clarification/exceptions list from client technical documents, design calculations and verification packages for I3P review, design layouts/3D models, system stack-ups, scope of supply drawings, and technical data sheets, etc.
- Good organizational and time management skills required.
· Be proficient in SolidWorks software. 1+ years of SolidWorks experience is preferred. SolidWorks Certification is a plus. Candidates with relevant experience in similar 3D packages will be considered.