Instrument and Controls Designers
Taylor Technical Services, Inc. Billings, MT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Instrumentation & Controls Designers ( 3 openings) with Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI)/InTools experience
Must have 5-20 years experience and have expertise experience in Smart Plant Instrumentation/InTools
· 5+ years of relevant design experience in Control Systems design for petrochemical facilities/heavy industrial applications.
· SPI DESIGNERS - Must have Smart Plant Instrumentation/InTools expertise
· Skilled at working with all types of drawings and documentation, including but not limited to:
- Loop diagrams
- Wiring diagrams
- Control Schematics
- Installation details
- Logic/Cause and effect drawings
- Instrument location plans, cable tray plans, elevation and detail drawings
- Control systems documents (bill of material, cable/conduit circuit schedules, etc.)
- Piping and Instrument diagrams
· Familiar with industry standards, such as the National Electrical Code, IEEE
· Capable of specifying and/or sizing non-engineered equipment (ie. cable, conduit, cable tray systems, etc.)
· Must understand DCS and PLC system architecture and wiring
· Capable of some travel and remote site assignments
· Comfortable working in a refinery or other industrial production facility
Knowledge of the following software:
· Smart Plant Instrumentation -
· ACAD rev. 2000i and above (currently using 2011)
· Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Develop project scope, schedules and design hour estimates and work within approved budget, project schedules, milestones and deliverable dates
· Develop definition and detailed control system/electrical specification and construction packages for petrochemical process and heavy industrial facilities.
· Generate project documentation for construction (plans, elevations, loop diagrams, schematics, wiring drawings, installation details for instrumentation), adhering to local, client, and industry standards
· Proactively identify scope change outside of budgeted scope
· Perform field work for design and construction support
· Coordinate/Interface with multiple disciplines
· Vendor document reviews
· Support P&ID development, control and logic design
· Design checking and quality control
· Give technical guidance to junior designers.
Specialties: Cad Drafters, Electrical Designers, Instrument Designers, Structural Designers, Piping Designers, Electrical Engineers, Instrument Engineers, Structural Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Pipe Stress Engineers, EH&S, QA/QC, Procurement, Project Controls, Document Control, Administrative
Taylor Technical Services, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great company and room for growth!
Taylor Technical Services began business in 1977. Since then, we have grown to become one of the largest suppliers of Engineering personnel in the Houston/Gulf Coast area and Alaska. We pride ourselves in having recruiters and account managers that have experience and have worked in the oil & gas engineering industry. Specialties: Cad Drafters, Electrical Designers, Instrument Designers, Structural Designers, Piping Designers, Electrical Engineers, Instrument Engineers, Structural Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Pipe Stress Engineers, EH&S, QA/QC, Procurement, Project Controls, Document Control, Administrative
1449 highway 6 sugar land tx 77478Billings, MT