- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
This position supervises all aspects of warehousing to ensure a cost effective, efficient, and safe operation. Ensures that received/sold goods are verified against bills of lading, purchase orders, invoices and other documents and that they are properly stored and/or shipped in a timely manner. Ensures all outbound deliveries leave on time and are delivered in full. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for inventory control, issuing materials as needed (FIFO), and conducting regular audits of orders shipping, to verity accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safety of all employees, and company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Exemplify temperament under stress.
- Proper stock rotation of all items.
- Maintains integrity, and accuracy of all documents.
- Maintains the correct rotation of all stored goods
- Maintains good communications and responds to needs of internal customers
- Delivers supplies and equipment to departments & utilizes WMS.
- Supervises personnel: coaching on performance and attendance, issuing corrective action when deemed necessary, allocating tasks among team members, adhering to plant GMPs.
- Train and develop team members in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Operates Material Handling Equipment in a safe manner, ensures that equipment is safe & working order. Reports all damage to equipment/building to Maintenance.
- Demonstrates proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies and safe work habits
- Ensure Quality & Food Safety training for team members, as well as overall employee safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Utilizes internal system (Axapta) to its fullest capabilities as a tool to help the department.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Supervision, manage and coach a team of warehouse associates
· Safety focus
· Dependability is key.
· Effective communication skills.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Safe food and material handling.
· Knowledge of the food industry.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast moving environment.
· Interpersonal skills for coaching, and counseling.
· Skills required for managing others fairly and disciplining when necessary.
· Possess good judgment when dealing with employee issues, customer service and extraordinary situations that may arise.
· Must be a flexible, and a collaborative team player.
· Customer Focus.
· High School or GED
· 2years of receiving/storage experience in a food products environment
· 2 years of supervisory experience
· PC skills Microsoft Office and Outlook
· Strong communication, organizational and follow-through skills
· Ability to work a full-time schedule of 50+ hours a week; including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds and to stand for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work in a refrigerated environment
· Ability to use all equipment including stand-up forklift, electric jack, and scissor lift.
Taylor Farms New JerseyWhy Work Here?
We are a dynamic organization passionate about our people, product and customers. We support growth and development opportunities!
Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is dedicated to being North America's favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Our "Taylor Family" includes over 20,000 team members who are passionate about making high quality, great tasting products for North America.
406-A Heron Drive SwedesboroSwedesboro, NJ
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Taylor Farms New Jersey