Maintenance Mechanic, starting payrate $26/hour
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is dedicated to being North America's favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Our "Taylor Family" includes nearly 12,000 team members who are passionate about making high quality, great tasting products for North America. As we continue to rapidly grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our Taylor Farms New Jersey team as a Maintenance Mechanic.
Summary: Install, changeover, maintain, and repair plant equipment (either processing, packaging, or support equipment) to optimize quality, productivity, and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Maintenance Line Mechanic previously worked in a food manufacturing setting.
2.Perform regular and preventive maintenance on equipment to eliminate unscheduled downtime.
3.Take corrective action as required by initiated work orders through the CMMS System or as circumstances dictate and write new work orders to account for unplanned corrective maintenance time.
4.Initiate purchase of required tools, parts, and materials and maintain accountability for tools issued.
5.Use proper lockout/tagout, confined space, and hot works permits to maintain a safe environment.
6.Perform all work in accordance with GMP's, housekeeping, good safety practices.
7.Upgrade skills and knowledge as equipment and technology develops
8.Perform all work to reflect a personal commitment to quality craftsmanship and job ownership
9.Notify Supervisor of mechanical breakdowns that will take ten (10) minutes or more to repair
10.Become familiar with PLC's (Programmable Logic Controls) and ladder logic
11.Verifies for smooth operation of all process and production equipment.
12.Works from blueprints, drawings, written or verbal instructions.
13.Makes standard shop computations relating direction, rotation, speeds, etc.
14.Perform machine overhaul so that when the machine is placed in service it will function as required.
15.Perform changeovers in the machines when going from one variety to a different variety.
16.Dismantles and makes on the job repairs to the machine by replacing worn or damaged parts.
17.Practices preventative maintenance by replacing worn or defective parts with items obtained from stock or produced by a machinist before they break or damage the product or the machine.
18.Examines machines and mechanical equipment to locate and to diagnose the source of trouble in mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic areas.
19.Runs, inspects, adjusts and repairs, if necessary, all production equipment prior to and during production run.
20.Documents and reports major problems using CMMS and notifies the Supervisor as needed.
21.Operates Powered Industrial equipment as needed.
22.Follows established Company Policies & Procedures, Sanitary Codes, and Safety Requirements.
23.Completes work orders as assigned.
24.Completes daily work cards and other paperwork, documenting work activities and man hours.
25.Performs other essential and non-essential duties as directed by supervision.
26.Coordinates minor repairs with production supervisor so they can be made during off time such as during lunch periods, etc.
27.Coordinates minor repairs with production supervisor so they can be made during off time such as during lunch periods, etc.
Skills/Abilities and Experience
· Has 5-8 years of experience working in a food or beverage manufacturing environment
· Has a good understanding of machine operation for machinery located within the facility.
· Troubleshooting (Mechanical and Electrical components)
· State license a plus (Boiler, Refrigeration and N for wastewater)
· Performs most work with minimal supervision.
· Understands theory of operations for refrigeration system.
· Ability to perform predictive/ preventative maintenance on all equipment within the facility.
· Works with shop equipment (Milling machines, Bridge port and various hand tools)
· Ability to use equipment manuals, schematics and prints to correctly order parts against work orders, or troubleshoot problems.
· Preferred requirement of a state certification for plant facility equipment (Steam, Refrigeration, Wastewater) Interpersonal/Other
· Minimum (5-8) years plant experience involving industrial equipment applications, a working knowledge of electronic controls, high speed production equipment, and knowledge of PLC's and VFD (Allen Bradley preferred).
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Four (4) year Electrical apprenticeship or equivalent preferred but may be substituted with work experience.
· Competent with computers and software including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Rockwell software a plus.
Taylor Farms New Jersey
406 Heron DriveSwedesboro, NJ
Get fresh Maintenance Mechanic Food Processing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.