Senior Engineer V uses advanced techniques and practices while working on several major projects. The Senior
Engineer II has knowledge of engineering principles and practices for a variety of assignments. Senior Engineer II also provides expert consultation on areas of design, development, and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features.
- Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Assists upper management and staff as a technical specialist or adviser.
- Provides expert consultation on one or more of the areas for design, development, and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Responsible for job profitability of work performed.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Applies diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments and related fields.
- Makes decisions independently regarding engineering complexities and methods.
- Requires the use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices in the individual’s field.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- The ability to see details at a close range, but understand the big picture.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Able to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Proficiency at all Duties of an Engineer IV
- Supervises all staff necessary to complete assignments.
- Typical duties and responsibilities include supervising, coordinating, and reviewing the work of small staff engineers and/or technicians.
- Responsible for job profitability of work supervised.
- Receives supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, unusual conditions, and policy matters.
- May report to an executive or a manager.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Professional Civil Engineer License (PE) Required
- Structural Engineer License (SE) a Plus
- 8+ years’ Experience with 2 Years Minimum at Engineer IV or Equivalent
- Read and interpret technical and business documents
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of members or employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to:
- stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear, continually.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.