Remote CPA/ Tax Preparer
Our business model is simple: we help individuals, families and small businesses who are in tax trouble get their lives back on track. Our firm specializes in solving complex tax problems and bringing taxpayers back into compliance with taxing authorities. Our work is dynamic, challenging and rewarding and we are looking for a new professional to join our team!
As a Tax Preparer you will...
- Work side-by-side with our Attorneys, CPAs and Enrolled Agents to solve complex tax problems.
- Prepare individual, corporate, trust and estate tax returns.
- Prepare and review financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Work directly with clients, the IRS and state tax agents, as well as other team members, to help our clients get into compliance and solve their tax issues.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- You are a credentialed Tax Preparer with an active PTIN and strong tax preparation experience and extensive knowledge of tax laws
- ·You have 3-5 years of experience preparing Individual, Corporate, Trust and Estate Tax Returns.
- You are proficient with technology (Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Slack, CRM).
- You’re client obsessed: The client matters most, and you do whatever it takes to understand and solve their problems, wants, and needs.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills: you will be collaborating with other team members, taxing authorities, and clients every day.
- You are familiar with accounting and tax preparation software (Quickbooks, Xero, Excel).
- You enjoy being creative and resourceful, and find it a personal mission to research and fully understand a problem and it’s implications before reaching a solution.
- Professional Circular 230 Judgement.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, decision-making and a fast-paced work environment.
- You have strong customer service skills - ability to interact with clients in a way that is professional, friendly and understanding.
- You have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- You value critical thinking, problem solving, and determination.
Nice to have skills, but not required:
- Experience representing taxpayers in Audits before the IRS or other tax authorities
- Bilingual (Spanish or Tagalog) is a plus.
- Competitive compensation.
- 401k program, with company match.
- Top Tier Health insurance plans for you and your dependents.
- Paid family leave.
- Continuing education: We invest in our team. If you would like to take a course to further your career, you can be reimbursed for the expense.
- Volunteer time off: One full day or two half-days per calendar year to volunteer for an organization or cause that you feel strongly about.
- Take the day off for your birthday.
We're a family:
- We’re a small team and we’re looking for someone to join who will invest in the Company's mission and work together with their team members to make our company an amazing place to work.
- We are looking for team members to invest in and there is plenty of room for growth.
Sound like an amazing fit?
We look forward to receiving your application.