- Expired: January 11, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 1970, we are the premier global publisher and the essential source of news and analysis for over 150,000 tax professionals, with correspondents in more than 125 countries, and a staff of almost 200. Tax Notes is the name of our publications. You can get an idea of our work at www.taxnotes.com. We're a team that is passionate about bringing transparency to tax systems, and just as passionate about cultivating an environment that embraces collaboration and innovation.
Tax Analysts offers opportunities to work from home and a casual work environment -- relaxed dress code and pet friendly -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community. We're proud to have been named a Top Workplace in the D.C Metro area by the Washington Post, and a Top Workplace by Energage in 2021. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
Learn more about who we are - visit our LinkedIn Company page and our Top Workplace page.
We are hiring a Legal Writer to join our Reference Products team. We have a hybrid work environment with 2 days working remotely, and 3 days in office.
SUMMARY: Writes and edits legal summaries and abstracts of source material including cases, rulings, and administrative guidance, and researches assigned topics for print and electronic publication. Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to produce copy that with a strong emphasis on tight, accurate, authoritative writing. May also assign source material for summarizing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet the department's objectives.
- Writes summaries of tax-related court cases, regulations, public comments on regulations, guidance, administrative rulings, and news releases pertaining to tax policy and law.
- Creates explanatory writing as assigned.
- Enters information in the Content Management System, according to established procedures.
- Keeps abreast of current events through pertinent literature and media.
- Monitors websites for newly posted items.
- Adheres to established publication deadlines, and company style guidelines.
- May organize, prioritize, and assign source material for summarizing.
- Edits for substance, style, and accuracy, conducts research as needed, and ensures proper citation style.
- Alerts editorial staff about newsworthy documents and developments.
- Complete knowledge of Tax Analysts products and services (may be acquired on the job)
- Technical expertise in tax-related subject matter, generally acquired through education, but may also be acquired on the job
- Highly motivated and well-organized
- Ability to work under deadline pressure in a team environment
- Good computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Windows and MS Word
- Familiarity with online publishing and web-content management
- J.D. required
- Some experience writing, editing or copy editing print and electronic products is preferred
- Previous experience in tax publishing or practice preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard style manuals
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Frequently required to sit for prolonged periods, talk and hear; use hands to type, file, handle or feel; reach with arms. Have visual acuity to use a computer and keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures, read extensively. Occasionally required to stand, walk and lift up to 20 pounds. Requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations. Work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment or home office.
- Health/Dental/Vision: $0 employee plans, family plans start at $65/month
- 401K: Immediately vested, 4% match
- Parental leave: 5 weeks paid
- Tuition assistance
- Qualified employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PFSL)
- Paid Time Off (13 days vacation to start, 13 days sick, 11 holidays)
- Pet-friendly office
- Private gym onsite
AddressFalls Church, VA
Get fresh News Writing jobs daily straight to your inbox!